SASS Wire Forum

Worst Day Shooting

Buckhorn Woodie

Actually the match was good and I had a great time....But my scores...they don't get much uglier then what I had today...Now I have some problems in the first two fingers of my right hand so it is quite normal for the timer to use a sundial and the counters a calculator when I shoot.....But WOW today was bad...A pair of P's slower then snot...and lots of misses...I still have good strength and full motion just not much feeling and some days they hurt a bit ...today they felt more like a claw then fingers...So I did the only thing I could think of to make me feel better about this game....I did some trading and came up with this...

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee14/wc321/1866%2045LC/?albumview=slideshow

What the heck if you can't shoot good....One might as well look good :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about bad days, last weeks match I had the absolute worst match since I started, lowest overall finish ever.

This week the first 3 stages were fast for me, and clean, the other 3 not as good, but not terrible.

Still had a blast at both matches.

Oh, and YOU SUCK! Very nice rifle!

Grizz

I know what you mean about bad days, last weeks match I had the absolute worst match since I started, lowest overall finish ever.

This week the first 3 stages were fast for me, and clean, the other 3 not as good, but not terrible.

Still had a blast at both matches.

Oh, and YOU SUCK! Very nice rifle!

Grizz

I will tell just how bad I suck...that one is in 45LC and I will use it for WB...I have another coming from Pioneer that should be here soon in 38 for my CAS shooting :rolleyes:

Pard,

When I first started this game I would consistently finish in the Top 10.

Then one day a pard says "hey lets start shooting one handed" and my scores fell. :huh:

Then I says this is fun and started shooting a pair of Conversions and my scores fell some more. :)

The only thing standing in my way of reaching the bottom is getting a Spencer Carbine (in 56-50 no less). And of course all BP. :wacko: Dang unemployment stopping me right now.

Sometimes getting worse is more fun. :D

Ay-yup. I've started taking all three main match rifles (Spencer, '73, Lightning) to each match and rotating them each stage. Keeps me from falling into a rut. So far, I've consistently finished at the bottom of the list, right where I like it. There's no performance pressure, down in the basement, and you can take your time on the line and savor the actual shooting.

Pard,

Then one day a pard says "hey lets start shooting one handed" and my scores fell. :huh:

Then I says this is fun and started shooting a pair of Conversions and my scores fell some more. :)

The only thing standing in my way of reaching the bottom is getting a Spencer Carbine (in 56-50 no less). And of course all BP. :wacko: Dang unemployment stopping me right now.

I had been shooting about a year with my Ruger Blackhawks and was actually becoming competitive when I was exposed to black powder.

I strive for the upper 1/3 of the bottom 1/2 now.

I just wanna be able to show up someday! ^_^

After my little vacation to the hospital I don't know when that might be now. It'll be another week before I can even saddle-up. :angry:

Be happy you get to play cowboy on any day!

Bodine

Guns should be announced like babies: Length and weight. Of course pictures displayed by the proud new papa are appropriate. Fish are also "announced" the same way. In this case, I believe you should throw this one back...but please throw it my way. :D

Buck D. (feller who likes purdy guns) Law

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

After six years I had finally worked my way up into thr upper half of the bottom 3rd. Now I have switched to duelist and am back in the bottom half of the bottom 3rd but darn its fun

I won 1st place at an archery shoot once with the lowest score I ever shot. I was the only one entered in the longbow catagory. ;)

Bodine

I will tell just how bad I suck...that one is in 45LC and I will use it for WB...I have another coming from Pioneer that should be here soon in 38 for my CAS shooting :rolleyes:

Woodie,

Boy, do I have some ammo for you!!! Lets see how dirty we can get that thing!!

Your Friend,

Jasper

I won 1st place at an archery shoot once with the lowest score I ever shot. I was the only one entered in the longbow catagory. ;)

Bodine

When I shoot winter matches there are usually enough categories to go around so every one comes in first. So I guess this makes me a winter champion.

Woodie,

Boy, do I have some ammo for you!!! Lets see how dirty we can get that thing!!

Your Friend,

Jasper

Well my friend if are you coming to Peaceful's End of Track in October we might just do that....I bought it to shoot...But you will have to help me get the soot out of it when we are done :rolleyes: ....I have been thinking of you ...I am trying to work a deal on a on a original Remington Rolling Block in 50/70 ...If I pick it up I will need some pointers on making loads for it :rolleyes:

Pard,

Well There for a bit I was starting to get a little better so I started shooting one handed myslef to fix that problum and it did....I don't mind the misses and being slow it was them darn P's that ticked me off and I keep squeezing my shotgun Shells to hard with my thumb and first finger and I was squirting them everywhere but in my gun :blush:

After six years I had finally worked my way up into thr upper half of the bottom 3rd. Now I have switched to duelist and am back in the bottom half of the bottom 3rd but darn its fun

Well the celler ain't all that bad....ain't that were they keep the side meat & the wine :rolleyes:

I just wanna be able to show up someday! ^_^

After my little vacation to the hospital I don't know when that might be now. It'll be another week before I can even saddle-up. :angry:

Be happy you get to play cowboy on any day!

Bodine

I have done the hospital thing a time or two ....I am thankful for every match I go to

Woo Hoo!

That is one pretty gun!!!

About your scores, they don't look so bad to me. :unsure:;) Check out mine from the WB match. One stage (written by Pecos Clyde) took me three minutes (not even counting the three misses). Even Hubby, who has neuropathy and had gun problems almost every stage, beat me. :rolleyes: It was really fun though and good to have hubby out there again. :D

Yep, if you can't shoot good, look good doing it, is a good way to go! :wub:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Actually the match was good and I had a great time....But my scores...they don't get much uglier then what I had today...Now I have some problems in the first two fingers of my right hand so it is quite normal for the timer to use a sundial and the counters a calculator when I shoot.....But WOW today was bad...A pair of P's slower then snot...and lots of misses...I still have good strength and full motion just not much feeling and some days they hurt a bit ...today they felt more like a claw then fingers...So I did the only thing I could think of to make me feel better about this game....I did some trading and came up with this...

http://s235.photobuc...mview=slideshow

What the heck if you can't shoot good....One might as well look good :rolleyes:

10-4 on that :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

My last shoot: 1st stage - at the loading table, one primer a little high in my Ruger but I figure it'll roll through. NOT, 5 misses. Clean on the next stage, then the "Marlin Jam" hits me, first time for me. 10 misses. Next stage goes good. Following stage, Marlin Jam again and 10 more misses. Ramblin Star loans me his 38-40 to shoot the final stage (I was almost bull headed enough to try my Marlin again). Shot the final stage with the Winchester with no problems.

Wanderin Star is whisperin to my better half that I should check out a rifle that Creed Dalton has for sale.

I end up with one of my worst shooting days, part on me & part on my equipment. But I now have a Uberti Yellowboy, 24.25" barrel, action job completed, in 44 special sitting in the safe.

Everyday can have its ups and downs.

Take care.

I have been on vacation for about 2 weeks, so I haven't shot in about 3. Talk about a bad three weeks.

Shooting bad is always better than a good day working, and given the withdrawal symptoms I have suffered the last few weeks, it seems to me that shooting bad is better than a non-shooting vacation.

Nice looking rifle. Way to overcome the "pain."

That is a great looking rifle! you did well pilgrim. For pistols I shoot 1858 Remington C&B revolvers and as long as the caps don't fall off of the nipples I will hit something once in a while. I normally am the best shooter with C&B revolvers as I am the only shooter with C&B revolvers. :P

Archived