9. Stanford

10. Boise State

11. Houston

The BcS has spoken

Tull

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just gotta ask, at 10-0, why isn't Houston ranked above Alabama, Oregon and Oklahoma?

And why is Stanford #9? Something is rotten in BSC.

Your serious or just chain yankin' tonight?

The answer to Houston being ranked below Bama is because so far all Houston has played are the various locations of the franchised school of "Our Lady of the Blind & Crippled Children."

Your serious or just chain yankin' tonight?

The answer to Houston being ranked below Bama is because so far all Houston has played are the various locations of the franchised school of "Our Lady of the Blind & Crippled Children."

10-0 should stand fer somethin. Even LSU can't beat that score. :)

Our Lady of the Blind and Crippled Children?

I suppose you think Slippery Rock has a weak schedule too! <_<

Houston is in Conference USA, which gets no respect. They may have a serious football team, but they have not played a ranked team. However, no one gave Boise State any respect until they beat OU in a BCS Bowl. The quarterback for Houston, Case Keenum, is a top notch player. They may actually get a BCS bid now that Boise State lost a game.

10-0 should stand fer somethin. Even LSU can't beat that score. :)

Our Lady of the Blind and Crippled Children?

I suppose you think Slippery Rock has a weak schedule too! <_<

LOL, 10 and 0 does stand for something, 11th in the BCS. ;)

I think BMC is just funnin with us Kajun, he knows Houston wouldn't stand a chance against any of the ten teams ranked above it. Strength of schedule shouldn't be discounted, look at Boise falling to TCU. I'm surprised they didn't fall further in the rankings. I doubt TCU could beat any of the SEC teams, nor could Houston. OK, maybe Vanderbilt. ;)

I've thought that myself on occasion! A playoff system might help, but has drawbacks too.

The subjective nature of the current system bothers me. Fans of teams like Houston or Boise State have a legitimate grievance. SEC fans have a legitimate point when they note the SEC's dominance in bowl games, particularly the National Championship game.

What's the solution? To me a bowl game based playoff might work, might...

I've thought that myself on occasion! A playoff system might help, but has drawbacks too.

The subjective nature of the current system bothers me. Fans of teams like Houston or Boise State have a legitimate grievance. SEC fans have a legitimate point when they note the SEC's dominance in bowl games, particularly the National Championship game.

I was just making hokum smoke about the standings, Captain. But that said, I think there should be some sort of play off to get to where we are want to go.

Don't think Slippery Rock is gonna get there this year tho.

I think BMC is just funnin with us Kajun, he knows Houston wouldn't stand a chance against any of the ten teams ranked above it.

I'd agree with that...ceptin' maybe that venerable favorite Slippery Rock.

I was just making hokum smoke about the standings, Captain.

CBB, I wonder why some of BMC's posts are "way out there" and now I see why. I wondered what exactly he'd been smoking but now I know...why it must be that he has a "prescription" for hokum. :)

Krazy (what is looking on the internet for medicinal "hokum") Kajun

Onlyest thing this cowpoke smokes, is salmon. :lol:

Well, now that I think about it that there hokum smoke did have a fishy smell to it :)

Well, now that I think about it that there hokum smoke did have a fishy smell to it :)

Now I ain't one to spread rumors, :rolleyes: , but let's just say that Captain Jack goes down the road to sniff the poodle when Badger goes to smokin' things. :wacko: :wacko:

I agree. Problem in my view, is that most teams play differently in the beginning of the season than they do at the end. Some are good all year, some are bad all year, some improve and some regress. Bigger schools have more $$$s so they have more exposure and draw better players for the most part.

Not to take anything away from any conference, but SEC is getting the most attention because for the most

part they produce quality football programs. Not to say that other conferences don't but SEC gets the spotlight for what ever reason. This attracts young men that want to make a career in athletics. It also attracts students that want to attend a "big school" for a quality degree and football is an aside for them.

Coaches make all the difference. A good coach can produce a great team, year after year. Not that they will always be #1, but they will always be able to field a good team. One that makes the game fun for the fans and the team, both. A good coach can most always be judged by the number of penalties his team allows.

A well disciplined team usually plays well on the field. They also usually have an advantage over a less disciplined team.

Coaches make all the difference. A good coach can produce a great team, year after year. Not that they will always be #1, but they will always be able to field a good team. One that makes the game fun for the fans and the team, both. A good coach can most always be judged by the number of penalties his team allows. A well disciplined team usually plays well on the field. They also usually have an advantage over a less disciplined team.

LSU (and a few other schools) is the exception to that statement. I'm sure there are all sorts of opinions about Les Miles and whether he is a "good" coach but he has had pretty good success during his time at LSU. The LSU team discipline has had its problems during Les Miles time there. Even with "problem children" LSU has done pretty well because of the level of talent they have been fortunate to attract.

However, (and this is solely my own opinion here) I see a good bit of the top talent at LSU as players looking to move into the pro ranks without benefit of a college degree and they see the LSU program as a place to shine individually rather than as a team. When they shine individually it increases their draft potential. Who says there is not "I" in team?

Unfortunately this is not just an isolated problem at LSU, it is perverse throughout college football today. And the big schools seem to have the biggest problems with it...kind of a self perpetuating thing. What can be done about it.....now that would be an interesting thread in itself.

But, since I am just a fan and not someone who can make it all change....I'll just continue to say GEAUX TIGERS and watch with the rest of the crowd to see what develops this year.

Krazy (who is concerned that if the same GA offense that played in the Auburn game shows up the Bayou Bengals will go down in flames) Kajun

Looking over this week's schedule, I didn't see many games that give a lot of excitement to the week.

Nebraska/Michigan in the Big house might be one to watch, as well as the USC/ Oregon game.

Other than that, I did not see a lot of good match ups. Next week, being turkey day, should see some

football to digest the turkey.

Looking over this week's schedule, I didn't see many games that give a lot of excitement to the week.

Nebraska/Michigan in the Big house might be one to watch, as well as the USC/ Oregon game.

Other than that, I did not see a lot of good match ups. Next week, being turkey day, should see some

football to digest the turkey.

That pretty well sums it up.

OSU looks like some high school team tonight. I lost count of how many times they have turned the ball over.

24 to 24, with 5 minutes left.

Good game

Tull

Well, well, well, that is going to shake up the polls big time. Coud it be an LSU - Alabama rematch? It makes the Oregon - USC game all that more important, because Oregon will claim a pice of the pie if they win out, as will OU if they win out.

Not looking good for OSU. Trying to blow a potential national championship bid now in the second overtime.

ITS BLOWN !

Tull

Well, well, well, that is going to shake up the polls big time. Coud it be an LSU - Alabama rematch? It makes the Oregon - USC game all that more important, because Oregon will claim a pice of the pie if they win out, as will OU if they win out.

Hmmm...man the BCS soup just got thicker!

Hats off to ISU. They fought like pit bulls tonight.

Does this expose a chink in the Cowboys armor that the Sooners can exploit on Dec. 3rd?

I think Alabama and Oregon [even LSU] are going to have to lose again for the Sooners to get back into the BCS championship picture.

I hate OSU lost - but Iowa State did everything they had to do - and won.

Congratulations

Tull

Jeff Woody!!!! The running back that scored the winning touchdown grew up in the house right behind us.

CPK

Don't forget that LSU has to play a vastly improved Arkansas team yet -- that could be another upset. Then the water will get real muddy.

Arkansas is looking pretty good....I'm glad LSU plays them at home.

As much as it hurts me to say this I see a much improved GA Dawg team that will provide some pretty good offense to the winner of the SEC West.

Speaking of the SEC West....who would win the SEC West if Ark beat LSU? That would mean that LSU, Alabama and Ark all would have only one loss. Alabama beat Arkansas, LSU beat Alabama and if Arkansas beats LSU; who would be the winner of the SEC West?

If LSU lost to Arkansas, then whichever of the three is highest in the BCS Poll would play in the SEC Championship, assuming no other losses by any of the three.

All I know is a rematch is looking good, more likely than not now. All we need to seal the deal is USC over Oregon and OSU over OU.

ROLL TIDE!!! :lol: :lol:

Archived