SASS Wire Forum

NCAA Football Top 10

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep...souns like he's sufferin' frum Delirium. :mellow:

Musburger: Alabama fans look shell shocked, shell shocked I tell you. They never dreamed OSU would sneak by them during the last game of the season. And look at that, fans; only .02 points separate them. This is a day they will not soon forget. Looks like the Tide got steamrolled. This could get ugly, folks.

Musburger: Alabama fans look shell shocked, shell shocked I tell you. They never dreamed OSU would sneak by them during the last game of the season. And look at that, fans; only .02 points separate them. This is a day they will not soon forget. Looks like the Tide got steamrolled. This could get ugly, folks.

OSU? Iz that Over Shoe U?

Are you getting nervous Okie? Only a couple of days and we'll know. I don't see OSU blowing out Oklahoma though. Maybe winning a hard fought game by 10, or losing right at the wire, but not a blowout. ;)

I'm pretty confident LSU and Alabama have a date in N'awlins next month to play for it all.

Ain't life grand, it will be the 7th time in my memory that the Tide has played for a National Championship. Their record for those games is 6-0.

Think about that for a moment Kajun, 6-0 in their last six NC games. Has a nice ring doesn't it.....

Are you getting nervous Okie? Only a couple of days and we'll know. I don't see OSU blowing out Oklahoma though. Maybe winning a hard fought game by 10, or losing right at the wire, but not a blowout. ;)

I was just watching ESPN College Football -- they are pretty much saying what we are saying. OSU has to blow out OU to stand a chance. I don't see that happening. It is all Badger's fault.

Ain't life grand, it will be the 7th time in my memory that the Tide has played for a National Championship. Their record for those games is 6-0.

Think about that for a moment Kajun, 6-0 in their last six NC games. Has a nice ring doesn't it.....

7th time in your memory....just how old are you CBB :)

I did a little looking and found that Bama won the national championship 6 times under Bear Bryant, a great coach, in 61,64,65,73,78,and 79. He aint the coach now. Gene Stallings led them to the title in 92 and then after a dry spell Nick Saban led them in 2009. Saban is a good coach...he led LSU to the national championship in 2003 before he defected to the NFL and then tucked tail and wound up at Bama. LSU was national champ under the current coach, Les Miles in 2007. Both coaches are proven and both have good teams. Too bad LSU has already beat Bama....well actually Bama special teams won the game for LSU but a win is a win. Maybe those new accommodations made at Bama's stadium that I posted will give their special teams a little better chance next year :)

If OSU shows strong it may be that Bama's season is over. Ah that fickle finger of fate...the BCS magicians will be churning the numbers on Saturday night. I feel better about LSU's chances in playing in the national championship than I do Bama's. But it ain't up to us.

I'm playing with your money CBB so I'm not out anything either way! However, I hope to be eating on your nickel again, if Bama can make the cut! That chili dog with chips and Kokola sure tasted good! CBB, in your own words....ain't life grand.

Krazy (whose tongue is planted firmly in his cheek) Kajun

Well, I just had a Badger moment. I was thinking that the SEC is the conference to beat right now and I personally doubt that there are any others that are of the same OVERALL strength.

In MY OPINION, the former Big Twelve had the most competition but they too lacked some of the strength.

I have written off the Pac 12/10 and the Big 10/12 or what ever they are. There are a few strong teams that field a dominant team almost every year. But for the most part they are paper tigers.

Perhaps we should have a dual conference of SEC and PMW at opposite ends of the country to stand against

each other to see who would play the rest of the country for the crystal football in January.

We could start off with the PNW conference with such power houses as Washington State, and Washington.

Okie,

Consider the source. <_<

What Lushburger knows about football in general, and Southern football in particular, could fit on the end of a pin- with enough room left over for a condo complex or two thrown in for good measure.

Now, if Verne Lundquist had said it, that would be a completely different story. Verne has been calling SEC and other regional games down here for over 25 years. He's at least got a clue. Unlike Lushburger- who know little about the South- other than it's where good sippin' whiskey comes from.

Ok, I slipped up on that one Kajun, I should have said this will be the 6th one in my memory and in the first five they're 5-0. Of course they've won 7 National Championships in my lifetime, I just don't remember the first two. With all those Championships a body can get a mite confused. Perhaps one day Tiger fans will have that problem..... ;)

Ok, I slipped up on that one Kajun, I should have said this will be the 6th one in my memory and in the first five they're 5-0. Of course they've won 7 National Championships in my lifetime, I just don't remember the first two. With all those Championships a body can get a mite confused. Perhaps one day Tiger fans will have that problem..... ;)

True. Hopefully in a few years LSU fans will have that problem. No doubt Bama has been a powerhouse team over the last 100 or so years but that doesn't count this year. We'll just have wait and see how the BCS's house of cards falls down this year, pick up the pieces and play the hand we are all dealt.

On a side note I'll be at DHI next weekend with the pistola for your son....see ya there.

UHOOOH.... Houston is down 21/14 at the half. Could another bastion fall?

Southern Miss is also rated in the top 25, L@@k out!

Down 28-14 now. Never saw this coming...

LOTS of good games today. ACC, Big 12, Big 10, SEC championship games, plus a 3-way tie in the Big East if Cinci wins -- sends WV to a BCS bowl game.

Check off Houston, and looks like Jawja is not being nice to LSU. Game is early but anything can happen. Think I will go watch it.

LSU has not had a first down the entire first half, with only 41 seconds to go!!

LSU has not had a first down the entire first half, with only 41 seconds to go!!

The Tigers were saving energy for the 2nd half! It seemed to work didn't it.

LL'

LSU finally got it together and beat Georgia 42 - 10 to win the SEC championship. One more game to go. WAY TO GEAUX TIGERS!

Butt, who will it bee?

Well, OSU stated their case as hard as they could. They dominated OU, but will it be enough to bypass Bama? Doubtful. Hey, the Fiesta Bowl against #4 Stanford is not chump change.:)

I'm getting in here late, but I would like to see LSU ( a given) and OSU, but what do I know, LSU and BAMA is just not enough to get me excited. I think Lundquist or his broadcast mate said if it is LSU and BAMA, the title should automatically go to LSU. When is the BCS championship game anyway? I know where it is, but not the date.

I'm getting in here late, but I would like to see LSU ( a given) and OSU, but what do I know, LSU and BAMA is just not enough to get me excited. I think Lundquist or his broadcast mate said if it is LSU and BAMA, the title should automatically go to LSU. When is the BCS championship game anyway? I know where it is, but not the date.

January 9th in New Orleans.....kind of a home game.

OKLAHOMA IS A STATE?

When did that happen? :blink:

1907 must have been a slow year. :lol:

Are you and Okie able to talk this morning?

Excitement runs high in Stillwater, I suppose.

Thousands of fans stormed the field and tore down goalposts after Oklahoma State's 44-10 victory over archrival Oklahoma, leaving at least 13 people injured, including two in critical condition, medical authorities said early Sunday. :o

Archived