SASS Wire Forum

NCAA Football Top 10

If LSU lost to Arkansas, then whichever of the three is highest in the BCS Poll would play in the SEC Championship, assuming no other losses by any of the three.

All I know is a rematch is looking good, more likely than not now. All we need to seal the deal is USC over Oregon and OSU over OU.

ROLL TIDE!!! :lol: :lol:

Interesting scenarios....let me run this one by you. With OK State gone from the #2 position Bama should be #2. If LSU loses to Arkansas I'd bet you $ to donuts that LSU would drop below the #2 position which would more than likely move Bama up to #1 and someone else (other than LSU) slipping into the #2 position. So no rematch would be likely there. But if LSU wins out (and I hope they do) then the rematch should be on.

So CBB, if'n there's a rematch how about the same wager....loser buys the winner lunch at the next cowboy shoot we shoot together after the game? I know you're itching to get your $5 worth of chili dogs back and I'm playing with the your money anyway so I'm covered :)

Saw an interesting quote on an email.....

"Things that control the tides......the moon and the LSU TIGERS!" :)

GEAUX TIGERS

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey BMC and Kajun,

I was so not worried about GSU I shot a match today rather than watch the game. Bama 45 GSU 21 so that's not an issue. Now for Oregon USC, this will be one of the few times in my life I root for USC!

Yes Kajun, the bet is on! BTW, Pig Iron has a Plinkerton just like yours that he's willing to part with so I should have a matching set for Michael in time for Christmas. Now to get Pauite to make some holsters! That's going to be one happy six year old!

#2 OSU -- down

#7 Clemson -- down

#17 Nebraska -- down

#22 So. Miss -- down

Lots more ball to play. Can USC upset OR and move OU up another notch? I think they can, I think they can... hey Badger, are we still in Kansas?

Hey BMC and Kajun,

I was so not worried about GSU I shot a match today rather than watch the game. Bama 45 GSU 21 so that's not an issue. Now for Oregon USC, this will be one of the few times in my life I root for USC!

Yes Kajun, the bet is on! BTW, Pig Iron has a Plinkerton just like yours that he's willing to part with so I should have a matching set for Michael in time for Christmas. Now to get Pauite to make some holsters! That's going to be one happy six year old!

Glad PI had another pistola to match the one I have...your son will have a pair of shootin irons under the tree...now that's a great Christmas.

At the half USC is up 21-7 over Oregon...don't know if the Ducks are going to quack it up or fly. If Oregon falls its really going to be interesting. Don't ya'll just love the BCS selection system...why its almost as clear to me as government spending policies :)

Wow...Ducks lost. Right now Baylor is up on Oklahoma by 7 points with 6:00 left. If Baylor holds on to beat Oklahoma....interesting stirring of the BCS soup.

Predictions

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Arkansas

4. ????

Wow...Ducks lost. Right now Baylor is up on Oklahoma by 7 points with 6:00 left. If Baylor holds on to beat Oklahoma....interesting stirring of the BCS soup.

Predictions

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Arkansas

4. ????

#4 Houston

Or maybe

#2 Houston

#3 Alabama

#4 Arkansas

Well...now Oklahoma just lost...what an interesting night of football. Think I'm gonna turn in and let the BCS computers whine all night and see what the spit out in the morning. What an interesting day of college football!!

WOW!! :blink::blink:

You gotta love college football! :lol::lol: :lol:

If Bama beats Auburn they should have a lock on a National Championship spot!

Who else? Not the Ducks, not Clemson, not OSU, not Stanford, not OU, god forbid not Houston or VT. The other spot goes to either the Razorbacks or LSU.

Yeah Baby!!!

ROLL TIDE

A possible all SEC BCS national championship game...just speaks highly of the quality of SEC, at least for this year. Also shows that if you spread enough money around to the voters you'll achieve your desired results :)

There will be a couple of interesting games next week in the SEC Conference, with LSU/Arkansas & Alabama/Auburn.

Auburn hasn't had that good of a team this year, although anything can go in that game. THE game is LSU-Arkansas. Penn State and Wisconsin should be a good one as well.

I am certain that being another Alabama school, Auburn will be wanting to help "Bama in their quest for the

crystal football.

That said, LSU is sitting on the prize as of now, but Arkansas might want to favor HOUSTON and set the record

to show the only then undefeated team.

Penn State and Wisconsin will most likely be a hotly contested matchup.

Don't you just love this time of year. :)

AP

1 LSU (60) 11-0 1,5002 Alabama 10-1 1,440

3 Arkansas 10-1 1,376

4 Stanford 10-1 1,224

5 Oklahoma State 10-1 1,206

6 Virginia Tech 10-1 1,133

7 Boise State 9-1 1,025

8 Houston 11-0 1,018

9 Oregon 9-2 1,008

10 USC 9-2 964

LSU - Arkansas looms large...

Maybe LSU will get beat and HOUSTON will kick down the door on the BCS.

How about Houston and Slippery Rock in the National Playoffs :rolleyes:

Tellyawhat BMC, if'n Houston and Slippery Rock make the National Playoffs.....there was definitely sumptin "slippery" going on :)

Hmmmppppfffff.

USC beats Oregon, in their madhouse, in their weather, with their officials, and the #ucks are now ranked #9, and the Trojans #10.

Thar jus' ain't no justice. :angry:

FightON!!!

Beat The Bruins!

^_^

Hmmmppppfffff.

USC beats Oregon, in their madhouse, in their weather, with their officials, and the #ucks are now ranked #9, and the Trojans #10.

Thar jus' ain't no justice. :angry:

FightON!!!

Beat The Bruins!

^_^

And just how do you think HOUSTON feels, Uno?

There is no justice :unsure:

If any of those pretenders had to play a full season in the SEC they'd likely be no better than third in their division, (east or west and this year in the west no better than fourth). Houston hasn't played much of a schedule and the others have proven to be not so good week after week. LSU only managed to beat 'Bama in overtime, and it could just as easily gone the other way.

When you say there is no justice you forget that for the last several years that the loser in the SEC Championship game was prevented from playing for the "National" championship despite the fact that in most cases that loser was perhaps the second best or even THE best team on SEC championship day, ("on any given Saturday....")and just had a bad day. I also don't understand a previous statement about spreading money around. Was this an indication that rankings might be bought?? :unsure: A couple of years ago Alabama had a bad "Bowl" game but came back the next year and went undefeated winning the "Championship" hands down. From what I saw, the second best team had a bad day and lost to a not as good but "lucky to catch them on a bad day," team.

So perhaps for the first time in the BCS's less than stellar existance the real two best teams will meet for the "Championship"!?!?!? :lol::lol::lol:

As far as USC, they are on probation and sadly for the student athletes they aren't even allowed to play any post season game, not to mention the fact that they aren't good enough to be considered for a try at the mythical "Championship"..

Another couple of hours and Texas vs. Texas A&M is on. I hope the Longhorns gore 'em good.

May be the last time they play for a while.

I really believe the aggies have shot themselves in the foot, with a large calibre weapon, joining the SEC. Texas high schoolers are going to want to get recruited by schools playing in Texas [or Oklahoma].

I would say "H**K *M H**NS" - but my hypocrisy only goes so far.

Go Longwhorns

Tull

Archived