SASS Wire Forum

NCAA Football Top 10

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep a good win.

I was impressed with Petrino's classy behavior. Did anyone else notice how he gestured after LSU kicked that last field goal? I think my lip reading skills indicate he said "Good kick brother, right through the uprights." OTH it could have been "F*** Y** A**h***, you're running up the score."

Now if Bama can kick a little Auburn butt, the Kajun and I can look forward to trash talk from now till January.

Tonight, 7:00 PST, USC against cross-town rival UCLA.

UCLA is going to the PAC-12 Championship, with a 6-5 (kaff) record. This is USC's (9-2) bowl game, thanks to the NCAA Death Penalty.

Expect a beat-down.

FightON!!!

Roll Tide!! :wub: :wub:

So........who's going to join us for the National Championship game, will it be LSU with a win over Georgia, or Oklahoma State with a win over Oklahoma, or could Virgina Tech somehow slip in?

Bama will be waiting.............

Or Stanford or Houston.

Though it will probably be the Crimson Tide.

The LSU/Alabama game was a good game, but stictly for entertainment value, the KSU/OSU [52-45 OSU] game that was going on at the same time was much better.

Imagine the turmoil with the BCS if LSU gets beat by Georgia.

Boomer Sooner

Tull

USC has a football team?

Huh! :blink:

Well, they're not quite as famous as Slippery Rock. But, they're really close to the heart of this alumnus.

FightON!!!

USC has a football team?

Huh! :blink:

Looks like a long evening for Texas Tech.

50 to 0 with 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter!!! SC is for real. Barkley has 6 td passes, if he comes back next year for his senior year, SC with be a force to be reconed with.

FIGHT ON!!

50 - 0 Trojans

The definition of a beat-down.

That beat-down was addressed to the NCAA; unfortunately, UCLA had to accept the package.

FightON!!!

It's too bad Reggie Buch had to get greedy and couldn't wait to make his millions until he got in the NFL :( The way the Trojans are playing now....LSU vs USC would be theee game for the national title :excl:

FIGHT ON!

I really, really, really, really want Alabama to play Boise State in a bowl game.

Maybe a 60 minute butt kicking will shut them up.

Somehow I doubt getting ground into their Smurf Turf would be enough to shut them up. They'll just play a string of East Overshoes, and start posturing again.

Call it their Running Mouth Offense.

Somehow I doubt getting ground into their Smurf Turf would be enough to shut them up. They'll just play a string of East Overshoes, and start posturing again.

Call it their Running Mouth Offense.

That's what people were saying about the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. Oops, Broncos 43, Sooners 42. They are a real team that attracts top-notch players. Could they beat Bama or the Tigers this year? I don't think ANY team can beat these two -- they are just awesome.

That's what people were saying about the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. Oops, Broncos 43, Sooners 42. They are a real team that attracts top-notch players. Could they beat Bama or the Tigers this year? I don't think ANY team can beat these two -- they are just awesome.

I tend to agree with you Okie, but that said, ON ANY GIVEN SATURDAY........

That game with Jawja could be a rude one for LSU if they are not watching. Teams have looked past this week's adversary to play the game with next week's and found that this week was the one they should have been watching. Got that?

That game with Jawja could be a rude one for LSU if they are not watching. Teams have looked past this week's adversary to play the game with next week's and found that this week was the one they should have been watching. Got that?

From your lips to Les Miles ears :)

I hope he's listening.

From your lips to Les Miles ears :)

I hope he's listening.

Les knows better than to discount ANY SEC team- especially one with as much to prove as UGA has right now.

At the beginning of the season, Richt was on the hot seat. Beating LS-Who? would take all that heat off him for at least a year, maybe more if he can do something next year. I know a lot of Bulldog fans and what they want is to face Boise State again. Can't say I blame them because their team was more like 22 guys wearing the same outfit than a football team in that game. I don't know (and really doubt, to be perfectly honest) the result of a rematch would be any different than what happened in Week 1, but I also think it would be a much, much more even match up than the first one.

EDIT

Uno,

You've got a point. They spent all last year bragging about blowing out their conference opponents including powerhouse teams like LA Tech, New Mexico State and Fresno State (better know down south as the 'Who's Who of Preferred Homecoming Opponents'). Now that they are in a 'real' conference like the mighty Mountain West Conference (the home of Air Force, San Diego State and UNLV) their fans seem to think that they've really stepped up their game.

No doubt Boise State is good. But, SEC, PAC12, Big-10 good? I have my doubts. They had one loss this year in conference, right?

I guess as a hidebound traditionalist and card-carrying curmudgeon, Boise rubs me the wrong way. From that bilious blue turf abomination, to their hyper-active publicity department, to their booster's constant screech of "Undefeated!", there's just not a lot to identify with. Shut up and play the game.

Maybe I'm a bit miffed, since the AP Coaches Poll has Boise and USC tied at 9th. Unpossible! The way the Trojans are playing, I believe they'd stomp the Broncos anywhere, including their Smurf Turf.

But still, it's College Football! All good!

Alas and alack, Slippery Rock was the engineer of their own demise this year.

Just too many losses to be considered for the BCS championship game. Maybe, perhaps, could it be, next year?

I sincerely hope so. But they did have a breakback schedule. :blink:

I wonder if there is any thought of the Heisman for Cody ........ Probably not. :mellow:

I haven't followed the PAC 12 closely this year, but I figger that they'd be 3rd or 4th in the SEC West Division (behind LSU, AL, and maybe Arkansas depending on how THAT matchup would have shaken out) and either tied for 1st with UGA or in 2nd tied with USC (we have one, too :P ) if they were in the SEC East. I also think they'd have at least 1 more loss and, depending on their theoretical SEC in conference schedule, maybe as many as 3 if they got the brown and smelly end of the scheduling stick this year.

This is what they really did this year and who they played.

Week Opponent Result Record

1 @Georgia W 35-21 1-0

3 @Toledo W 40-15 2-0

4 Tulsa W 41-21 3-0

5 Nevada W 30-10 4-0

6 @Fresno State W 57-7 5-0

7 @Colorado State W 63-13 6-0

8 Air Force W 37-26 7-0

10 @UNLV W 48-21 8-0

11 TCU L 36-35 8-1

12 @SanDiego State W 52-35 9-1

13 Wyoming W 36-14 10-1

14 New Mexico

Georgia and TCU are the cream of the crop when it comes to their opponents. Georgia wasn't nearly ready for that game and TCU beat them.

I think if you're playing teams like Wyoming and San Diego State for conference games, you really shouldn't try to compare yourself with schools that have to play elite caliber opponents in conference like you do in the SEC, PAC 12, etc...

Let's face fact, which school in the SEC wouldn't love to trade one trip to Baton Rouge, Athens, Knoxville, or even Starksville to face MSU or up to TN to play Vanderbilt for the chance to play CO State and Wyoming as conference games instead? I bet every school in the PAC 12 or the Big 10 is the same way. Sorry, but running up a score on UNLV isn't nearly as impressive to me as winning in Neland, (or Ann Arbor or Pasadena) with a last second field goal against a ranked program.

This is the biggest part of the BCS that I hate. Strength of opponents needs to be a major factor- even more so than it is at present. Screw margin of victory when you are dealing with the big mismatches- even if they are in conference opponents. Anybody worthy of being in the Top 25 can run up 40 or more on Fresno State (and probably quite a few that aren't) but not everybody in the Top 25 can beat another ranked team.

Vanderbuilt (6-6), Kentucky (5-7), Mississippi (2-10), Mississippi State (6-6) -- nothing to brag about.

I guess when you play in what for the last ten years has been consistantly the toughest conference in the NCAA you are subject to having a record such as these. Vandy for instance lost to Ga. and Ark., both ranked teams, by less than a touchdown. They were only blown out by Alabama, (by less than some nationaly ranked teams by the way), and played several other good teams like Fla. really well.

:lol: If SEC teams didn't spend so much time beating hell outta' each other, they'd probably spread the whoopin' around even more!! :lol:

Apparently BSC has spoken

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Oklahoma State

4. Stanford

5. Virginia Tech

I looked for Slippery Rock, without success. dry.gif

Assuming LSU beats Georgia, it looks like a rematch between LSU and Alabama. Even if the OSU Cowboys beat OU, I don't think it will be enough to put them in the #2 spot. Several sports writers say they don't want to see a rematch, so stranger things could happen, but Bama and LSU are in their own class this year IMHO.

BCS Numbers

1 LSU Tigers 1.0000

2 Alabama Crimson Tide .9551

3 Oklahoma State Cowboys .8712

In my opinion, I do not believe that any team under the #2 rating is capable of playing the same level of football for 60 minutes as the top two. I would prefer a different matchup, but given the parameters of the BCS bowl allocations, I think that is what we will get.

But I figure the two BEST TEAMS should play for all of the marbles. I just don't agree with BCS on how we get there.

Given that the SEC is probably the strongest conference in the country today, in my opinion, the Big Twelve WAS right up there too. Now that they have broken up the Big 12, it looks to me like they SEC is all alone.

The Big 10, or is it now the Big 12, have a lot going for it, but I do not believe that they are are on an even basis with the SEC. Pac 10 is good, but with the exception of USC, I do not see any teams that have the staying power to field a great team each year.

However, it was not so long ago that the Florida teams, Miami, Florida and Florida State were the power houses in the South. Looks like the parameters have shifted to the West for now. If Jawja was to beat LSU, and that is a huge if, we could see the BCS in turmoil. Perhaps even turn on itself and devour all of the data which would leave Slippery Rock on top to play Houston for the national title. :)

BEEP BEEP BEEP....

Attention college football fans....this just in from the LSU hotlne.........

During a recent flyover of the Alabama football stadium it was discovered that there was a recent accommodation constructed to assist Alabama's field goal kicking staff after the recent happenings during the LSU game. You may see this modification here.

KK, I suspect that your last post will not be well received in the Alabama camp.

Was that intentional, or accidental? :mellow:

I've had several friends present me with that picture. :huh:

Hey, special teams sucked that game, what else is there to say? But KK didn't offend me at all, trash talking is part of the fun.

At least I know my team will be playing in the Championship game! I wonder who Bama will be playing against? :lol: :lol:

KK, I suspect that your last post will not be well received in the Alabama camp.

Was that intentional, or accidental? :mellow:

Of course it was accidental :)

I've had several friends present me with that picture. :huh:

Hey, special teams sucked that game, what else is there to say? But KK didn't offend me at all, trash talking is part of the fun.

At least I know my team will be playing in the Championship game! I wonder who Bama will be playing against? :lol: :lol:

I hope that its LSU. If the same GA offense that showed up for the Auburn game shows up for the LSU game it's gonna be a Dawg fight. CBB, trash talkin is half the fun....the rest is eating on someone else's nickel. Just hope it's your nickel again.

And CBB, let's hope that Auburn's real team doesn't show up. The band and cheerleaders have been playing all year and they are tired :) (been on vacation for a week....forgot they played already! Guess the game didn't interest me much :) )

Maybe the BCS magicians will fowl (yeah, not foul) up the vote and Bama might be #3!

This just in folks, the OSU Cowboys, after giving the OU Sooners a thumping, has squeaked by idle Alabama into the #2 slot. LSU - OSU in the National Championship Bowl. How about that crazy season ender, ladies and gentlemen?!

How is the prognosticating porker doing this year? Is he making the right predictions, or is he on the menu for Christmas dinner?

That little ham has been spot on this year. He stills says Bama-LSU, but I am hoping OSU sneaks in the back door.

Archived