SASS Wire Forum

Friday PIZZA night

Grizzly Dave

May be starting a bit late.

After work I need to pick up my shootin boots at the cobbler, gas up the honda-ratti, pick up the pizza, and probably a few other things I've forgotten.

Aunt Jen should be checking in with a movie report on Cowboys and Aliens. My son went and saw it last night/this morning at the midnight premiere. Not really sure why, he's not into cowboys or aliens that much, but at any rate I'll pass along his thoughts on it if I get a chance to talk to him.

I'll be trying to decide whether to go shoot tomorrow. Two weeks ago the forecast was for a high of 86 with 35% humidity, and I melted and wound up leaving before the last stage. Tomorrows forecast is for a high of 90, though hourly forecast shows it won't reach that until mid afternoon, and humidity of 33%. So I'm really wrestling with myself over if I am going to go or not.

Rumor has it BMC brewed up a new batch of elixer, so watch out!

Hey Grizz. Take yer time, we got all night. Grab me somma' them li'l peppersand the usual thin crust double sausage and pepperoni with extra cheeze and mushroom. I'll pick up a big batch of ribs and some 'tater salad.

Somebody grab some beers and cold drinks.

It's 98 and 86% humidity here and my band's playin' two shows, tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. and Sunday at 3:00 p.m. :rolleyes::wacko:

After work I need to pick up my shootin boots at the cobbler, gas up the honda-ratti, pick up the pizza, and probably a few other things I've forgotten.

Aunt Jen should be checking in with a movie report on Cowboys and Aliens. My son went and saw it last night/this morning at the midnight premiere. Not really sure why, he's not into cowboys or aliens that much, but at any rate I'll pass along his thoughts on it if I get a chance to talk to him.

I'll be trying to decide whether to go shoot tomorrow. Two weeks ago the forecast was for a high of 86 with 35% humidity, and I melted and wound up leaving before the last stage. Tomorrows forecast is for a high of 90, though hourly forecast shows it won't reach that until mid afternoon, and humidity of 33%. So I'm really wrestling with myself over if I am going to go or not.

And it promises to be a good'en too. The copper pipes are sweating and feel soft to the touch.

I don't like that purple haze coming off the brew though. Usually it is lime green. :huh:

Got to go back and check the recipe. Oh yeah, I fergot, we ain't got no rit down recipe. :unsure:

Can I get me a slice or two Grizz?

I'll have to pass on BMJ's elixir though as I'm on duty tonight at the station.

EC

How about we change it up a bit - I got some beef, pork, chicken, and mushrooms all seasoned up and ready to hit the grill for fajitas. Plus the pepper strips and onions. Can also whip up some big plates of nachos.

Heck, we could even make up some tofu fajitas.

No problem having a variety, except for that tofu stuff.

Yup on dat tofu stuff......dats fer da birds....er I mean......BMC ! :wacko:

I'll have some of dat good cookin' and wash it down wif a new freshly opened bottle of Bulliet I bought last night !!!

Yyyeeeeeeeee Hhhhhaaaaaawwwww ...........Let da good times roll !!!!!

Yup on dat tofu stuff......dats fer da birds....er I mean......BMC ! :wacko:

!

Don't want BMC to feel slighted or left out.

Really.

When my wife and I were doing a lot of cooking for the parish we had to take into account the vegetarians and vegans (especially on feast days when we had visiting bishops and monks, who keep to a vegetarian diet). It really isn't that hard to make hearty, good tasting meatless food. Tofu is, well tofu. No particular flavor of its own, and texture about like soft scrambled eggs. Press it, bake it, and you can coax a kind of meaty texture out of it. Then you need to season it.

Fried and seasoned well, I can tolerate it, other than that, not so much. We got Chinese food the other night, always get a Sesame Chicken to share, wife says we're getting seseme tofu, it will be fine...it was not fine.

Don't want BMC to feel slighted or left out.

Really.

When my wife and I were doing a lot of cooking for the parish we had to take into account the vegetarians and vegans (especially on feast days when we had visiting bishops and monks, who keep to a vegetarian diet). It really isn't that hard to make hearty, good tasting meatless food. Tofu is, well tofu. No particular flavor of its own, and texture about like soft scrambled eggs. Press it, bake it, and you can coax a kind of meaty texture out of it. Then you need to season it.

Nope...Don't want him to feel dat way t'all !

To me , somethin wif no taste, (tofu) will take on da taste of what ever it's cooked wif , is a filler.

Just like mashrooms....I can't stand to be atein' a fungus !!! :wacko:

But folks dat do say it tastes like meat. Well , why not ate da real thing den ?

I'll be looking forward to the Pizza, and I did provide my report on Cowboys and Aliens.

If it's gonna be that hot/humid, tomorrow, remember to pour a lot of water on yourself. Dress light. If I were there, I could stand there and pour water over your head while you shoot, if that'd help keep you cool.

I'll be looking forward to the Pizza, and I did provide my report on Cowboys and Aliens.

If it's gonna be that hot/humid, tomorrow, remember to pour a lot of water on yourself. Dress light. If I were there, I could stand there and pour water over your head while you shoot, if that'd help keep you cool.

AJ , I don't think you'd cotton to da smell of "Holy Black " smoke onced it's wet !!!

Sticks to anythin' .

Done with pizza, lots leftover, help yourself. No ice cream in the house, had to settle for pretzel M&Ms, they were on sale, they're ok, but prefer the traditional ones.

((comes through door pushing a cart of chafing dishes))

Hey! Can someone clear some space on the side table please? I got the sliced beef and sliced pork for fajitas here. Also a smaller dish of chicken, and one of Mexican spiced baked tofu strips. One chafing dish with grilled pepper strips and caramelize onions. Also tortillas and some sauces. Enjoy!

MMMMMM! Fajitas!

No tofu thanks.

Ya' ever tried fajitas with shrimp? :wub:

Maybe I'll fix some up another time. Wow!! These are GOOD!! :P

You got sour cream, guacamole, picante' sauce etc? What about the grated cheese?

Back in the kitchen, Grizz. Sour cream, some queso fresco, grated sharp cheddar, even some parm. Three different red sauces from almost no heat, through hey, that has a nice bite, to OHMYGAWD That's hot!

No problem having a variety, except for that tofu stuff.

ONLY Badger eats tofu on pizza tthh-pa-tewy! I'll have what Desperado's havin' :D sounds great.

[/color][/b]

And it promises to be a good'en too. The copper pipes are sweating and feel soft to the touch.

I don't like that purple haze coming off the brew though. Usually it is lime green. :huh:

Got to go back and check the recipe. Oh yeah, I fergot, we ain't got no rit down recipe. :unsure:

aaaahhh that 'splains da foam :huh::P

Yes yes, I know, I have to buy drinks all night because I put put a rant in another post here in the Saloon (ACS)

Drink up folks on my tab.

Grizz

<walks away shaking head, I know better, I really do, it just came over me all of a sudden...?

hey tarbender :rolleyes: refill!

cold beer please

thnx--I'm puttin money in the juke box cuz I feel like dancin' :o:D

so it's ZZ Top B) Gimme All Your Lovin'

You might have to take up night shoot in that kinda heat with higher humidity. Ah.. Pizza.. Thanks Gizzes...

then I'm leavin for real to go dance

so see y'all tomorrow :)

Well, since Griz said he didn't have any dessert, and I'm a tad late to this here gatherin', how about some ice cream bars?? I picked up a variety of 'em at the store today. Sandwiches, caramel and mocha bars, fudge bars, dark chocolate dipped raspberry sorbet and mini cups. Don't let the name scare you. Skinny Cows are about the best tasting ice cream around. Enjoy!!

Archived