SASS Wire Forum

A NEW CLASSIC COWBOY ELECTED TO BOARD....

Ghost, SASS #50125

Any speculations as to whom that is? :)

Ghost

Yes, it's true... and how could it be more appropriate? The very first winner of the very first 'new' category...in 2003 "SHOOTIST" as it was called before then officially becoming the category, Classic Cowboy.

We 6 of the Board of Directors: Texas Ghost (TX State/ TSRA Champion), Vance Montana (NC State Champion), Dragon Hill Dave (current World and TX State Champion), T-Bone Dooley (7x World Champion 6x National), Needmore Guns (SE Regional Champion, Brother King (CO State Champion) are pleased to announce by unanimous consent the newest member to the Classic Cowboy, Shootist Award Committee, AKA the Magnificent 7, SOLICITOR GENERAL.

Please join us in recognizing a tough and gracious competitor who fully exemplifies the qualities of a Classic Cowboy "SHOOTIST". Congratulations, Solicitor General and welcome aboard!

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Congratulations to Solicitor General.

I'm proud to know him and he is a great Pard, for sure!

Mustang Gregg

Congratulation Solicitor General:

Thanks also for stepping up as Posse Marshall and handling poker night at Railhead 2011. Hope to have you and yours again next year at Railhead 2012.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

What exactly are we talking about?

I don't get out much.

Let me also extend my congratulations.

That's one heck of a list of endorsements. :FlagAm:

What exactly are we talking about?

I don't get out much.

Hello Utah Bob. This is the story in a hoof print. A few of us Classic Cowboys, led by Brother King, got together to promote the catagory of CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL. John Wayne told Ron Howard in "The Shootist" that "ya have to be willin' to stand up when somebody's shootin' back at ya."

There were 7 Classic Cowboys on our original board. We chose T-Bone Dooley to be the 1st recipient of the annual CLASSIC COWBOY SHOOTIST AWARD for 2010. We felt that T-Bone exemplified the CLASSIC COWBOY Catagory. As a Classic Cowboy, you do not have to be a World Champion or even a champion; Ya just gotta be "Willin'" to stand ya ground and shoot CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL.

One of the original board members resigned. After months of deliberation, the Board elected Solicitor General to be the 7th board member.

Now that the Board of Magnificent 7 CLASSIC COWBOYS are back up to strength, we can select the 2011 winner of the CLASSIC COWBOY SHOOTIST AWARD. This will be done near the end of this year, from a list of Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls that you,SASS shooters, have nominated with a short essay as to why they should be chosen. The winner will recieve a "one of a kind belt buckle" (and it ain't cheap).

Utah, Brother King or another Board Member may add more information, but that's it in a "hoof print".

Ghost :)

Archived