SASS Wire Forum

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... USA

Thank-you kind sir, and may you have a great day!!

I hope everyone has a nice enjoyable 4th of July celebration to the greatest country EVER! Happy Birthday USA :FlagAm:

..... seein's how it's already tomorrow morning here, I just thought I'd get it in first ... ;)

Thanks

Good on yer Mate.... Having just read http://www.amazon.com/Sunburned-Country-Bill-Bryson

In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson

I am in the midst of regretting once again never getting to visit your fair land he makes it sound like one of the best places on the planet

back when I could both afford to go and my health would stand up to all those hours in cramped coach seat... but a 6 month first class trip to Oz nd New Zeland is high on my list if my retirement program (a dollar and a dream AKA a big win on the lottery) :lol: ever comes up with the right numbers! No worries right?

Thanks Wallaby Jack! America could use a lot more friends like you!!

Thanks Amigo. We'll party like it's 1776.

Up the rebels! :lol::FlagAm:

Steady little Lady. They is reffering to rebels, not Rebels, as Johnnie Reb.

Now I am wondering why he stuck a feather in his hat and called it Macaroni?

His hat or the feather. And why Macaroni? :blink:

Yankee Doodle

Why did yankee doodle stick a feather in his hat and call it macaroni? Back in Pre-Revolutionary America when the song "Yankee Doodle" was first popular, the singer was not referring to the pasta "macaroni" in the line that reads "stuck a feather in his hat and called it macaroni". "Macaroni" was a fancy ("dandy") style of Italian dress widely imitated in England at the time. By sticking a feather in his cap and calling himself a "dandy," Yankee Doodle was proudly proclaiming himself to be a gentleman of some social standing.

You can larn just about anything on Al Gore's internet.

:)

Steady little Lady. They is reffering to rebels, not Rebels, as Johnnie Reb.

Now I am wondering why he stuck a feather in his hat and called it Macaroni?

His hat or the feather. And why Macaroni? :blink:

Yankee Doodle

Why did yankee doodle stick a feather in his hat and call it macaroni? Back in Pre-Revolutionary America when the song "Yankee Doodle" was first popular, the singer was not referring to the pasta "macaroni" in the line that reads "stuck a feather in his hat and called it macaroni". "Macaroni" was a fancy ("dandy") style of Italian dress widely imitated in England at the time. By sticking a feather in his cap and calling himself a "dandy," Yankee Doodle was proudly proclaiming himself to be a gentleman of some social standing.

You can larn just about anything on Al Gore's internet.

:)

Oh, that's right. OwlGore invented the internet.

Archived