SASS Wire Forum

For UB and his Mosin

Great link . How true about Nagants

Yeah, I saw that. If I was a t-shirt kinda guy I'd buy one. :lol:

Nicely done, Bob... I just ordered through a C&R buddy of mine a sniper version, a round receiver, and a hex receiver and 880 rounds of ammo... My birthday is right around the corner and it was calling to me... 8-)

Vaya con Dios

Great Pome

I pimped my 1917 P 17 and lost a round when I had the floor plate straigtened.

Now it looks like a sporter and shoots like a military. Hmmmm. Something wrong here.

Maybe it needs more bench time. :blink:

Sure looks good tho.

Lots of snow and mud on the ground this morning. Looks like Stalingrad. Maybe I'll low crawl down to the range and pop off a few.

Wonder where I put those Nazi targets? :lol:

Is that pronounced "natzi" the way Brad Pitt did in Inglorious Basterds"? :lol:

I like Nazzies like Churchill used to say it. :lol:

Nicely done, Bob... My C&R buddy just ordered a sniper version, a round receiver, and a hex receiver and 880 rounds of ammo that he is gifting to me for my birthday which is right around the corner and it was calling to me... 8-)

Vaya con Dios

Fixed it for you. The other statement would represent a straw purchase ;).

Sounds like a good start of a collection. You will want to add a Finish M39 Mosin in the future; they are sweet shooters.

Mine's the sniper version with the 4x scope. Obtained new still wrapped in cosmolene. Kicks less than the carbine but will still put a Georgia mule to shame. Sights calibrated in arshins, whatever they are (basically 28 inches) 100 arshins is approx. 70 meters.

Extremely accurate rifle if you can tolerate the recoil.The Germans learned to fear a M-N 1891/30 in the hands of a competent shooter. Much more accurate than I am. I'd be willing to bet that out to about 5-600 meters it can hold ts own with anything you'd care to put against it. Not bad for a design that's older than dirt.

Gentlemen and Ladies present :

I kinda like the M/N .

If bychance I can not shoot said critter , I have the oprion to stick it and cook it while shooting at the next meal .

Ya know a multi porpose tool

CB

Nothing like Yak and potato shishkabob over an open fire on the Steppes.

Sergei! More Vodka! ;)

Ya know UB

The M-44 does a great job of shutting up loud mouths at the range , when fed heavy M/G ammo .

Large fireball and a punk going aXX over tea kettle , Always good for a laugh .

CB

Anybody who's fired a Mosin will never speak about Russian soldiers not being tough, that's for sure.

Anybody who's fired a Mosin will never speak about Russian soldiers not being tough, that's for sure.

When I first got my M44 a couple years ago I boght some Wolf 180gr ammo for it. Took it to the range and put 10 rounds through it. My shoulder still aches a bit when I think about shooting it again. Of course I didn't have a recoil pad like I will the next time I shoot it! :lol:

Does the Mosin Nagant have more recoil than the M16? :blink:

Nah. Ya hardly even notice it went off.. :rolleyes:

I am starting to think , UB and I are the only ones that like to shoot the M/N .

It does not kick that bad ( I have shot worse )

May have to slog through the mud to go to the range today .

CB

I love shooting Mosins. Depending on the gun/ammo combination, there is a huge variance in comfort. A 91/30 or Finn Mosin shooting Czech Silvertip is a joy to shoot (similar to shooting a .308). On the other hand, shooting Hungarian heavy ball (machine gun ammo) out of an M38 carbine is a heck of an event. A three foot fireball in full daylight, followed by trying to put your shoulder back in its socket :lol: .

I am starting to think , UB and I are the only ones that like to shoot the M/N .

It does not kick that bad ( I have shot worse )

May have to slog through the mud to go to the range today .

CB

Not true I love shooting mine. There just is sonething about it that just makes me take it out and shoot it. Just opened my seventeenth sardine can of ammo for it. I keep the lids to keep track of the ammo I use. Still love it.

Evil

I love shooting Mosins. Depending on the gun/ammo combination, there is a huge variance in comfort. A 91/30 or Finn Mosin shooting Czech Silvertip is a joy to shoot (similar to shooting a .308). On the other hand, shooting Hungarian heavy ball (machine gun ammo) out of an M38 carbine is a heck of an event. A three foot fireball in full daylight, followed by trying to put your shoulder back in its socket :lol: .

I would say that this could be an understatement of some proportion. :o

I'm still seeing Mosins at gun shows around here for less than $100. I don't know how much longer I can resist. Every time I watch "Enemy At The Gates", it makes me want one.

I'm still seeing Mosins at gun shows around here for less than $100. I don't know how much longer I can resist. Every time I watch "Enemy At The Gates", it makes me want one.

Resistance is futile. :lol:

Targetski

Hitskis

Archived