SASS Wire Forum

Texas

Howdy ya'll,

Just a quick note to let my pards know that I have made it to Amarillo, Texas.

Driver's License, Vehicle Registration, Voter Registration - all done!

Next on the list is to get back to shootin'.

See ya'll soon......

HH

:FlagAm:

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Halfbreed,

I was born in Tennessee, but at 56 years of age, I finally moved to Fort Worth (really Weatherford). I shot with the Commanche Valley Vigilantes for four years and loved every minute of it. Due to family, I have moved back to TN. The first thing you need to do is get the bumper sticker for your truck (you got one don't you?) that says. "I wasn't Born in Texas, but I got here as Fast as I could!"

Hoss Carpenter

Welcome to TEXAS pard. Look up those Canadian River Regulators over in Clarendon. I've shot with them several times while passing through to NM. That's a great place to shoot. There are some good folks south of you also that I have shot with.

Scout

Guest Milo Talon SASS #23163

I am jealous.One of these days I hope to be lucky enough to live in the fine State of Texas.Got a lot of family down there,love the place. :)

Howdy ya'll,

Just a quick note to let my pards know that I have made it to Amarillo, Texas.

Driver's License, Vehicle Registration, Voter Registration - all done!

Next on the list is to get back to shootin'.

See ya'll soon......

HH

WELCOME :FlagAm: ......now get to it! :ph34r: Jack Hays

Amarillo. You can look in any direction, and see a whole lot 'o nuthin'. Or you could just admire the stark beauty of the high plains.

Well you need to go by and see the Palo Duro Canyon, it's awesome.

Gosh, it seems like only yesterday drove thru Amarillo... wait it was... left a few hundred dollars at the fueling station, a meal I didn't enjoy, and grumblin' that none of the clubs enroute to Denver had a shoot TODAY! Was gonna PM that Lone Dog, but figured he was workin'... & hoped like heck he didn't see me!

Welcome to TEXAS! What Cowtown said!

Gosh, it seems like only yesterday drove thru Amarillo... wait it was... left a few hundred dollars at the fueling station, a meal I didn't enjoy, and grumblin' that none of the clubs enroute to Denver had a shoot TODAY! Was gonna PM that Lone Dog, but figured he was workin'... & hoped like heck he didn't see me!

Welcome to TEXAS! What Cowtown said!

Nope, no first Satiddy chutin' fer many mile around these here parts. 2nd, 3rd, and 5th Sat for the CRR in Clarendon and 4th Sat in Pampa. Gotta go a ways south fer a 1st Sat match.

Hoss, we'll be lookin' forward to seein' yerownself around these parts. Bring ye new gal out with ya, even if she ain't a shooter the other gals will show her the ropes.

Welcome to Texas , Halfbreed Hoss.

And Griff , if'n you can be hauling on I-20 on a first Saturday , stop off and shoot with us at Comanche Trail Shootist out of Midland. Be glad to have you.

Halfbreed Hoss , you be welcome , too. It's only about a 250 mile drive.

Keep em smokin , Rex :D

Welcome to Texas.

Be careful in Amarillo - it gets awfully windy up there and you might wake up of a morning and find yourself in Oklahoma!

Thanks all. I feel mighty welcome already. Hell, I even met that Longhunter fella last week. He has a great gun shop not too far from me here in Amarilla.

Gotta get busy on findin a gun cart - that Prairie Dog fella in Las Vegas talked me outta mine before I left there :wacko:.

Anyone around these parts got an extra one that they wanna part with reasonably?

Thanks again...........

HH

Its great to have you in the Panhandle of Texas. I hope you'll like Amarillo. I sometimes get to the big city myself. I would like to invite you to come to the Bar H Dude Ranch at Clarendon (60 miles southeast on 287) and join the Canadian River Regulators this Sat. We shot on the second and third Sat. of each month. You can view our web site by going to the affiliated clubs. Directions to the range are there also.

Hope to see ya Saturaday and welcome to Texas.

Doc Wiginton

Archived