SASS Wire Forum

Cowboys TV Show

Lone Dog, SASS #20401

I'll go to the streets and ask people off the cuff,"Howdy,would you like to be a cowboy for a day on tv?Then take them shooting and dress them up for an episode of The Cowboy Show.You could even set up a booth at sports stores with a banner that says THE COWBOYS SHOW fill out a card for a drawing to be a Cowboy Star for a day~~~

Just like that guy does that redoes your landscaping.Kids could use airsoft shooters :FlagAm:

And man ya got ta get a Peanut Gallery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

I do have a problem with The FLASH but that is me. I think the show should have different front men and not just ER & TF. By the way I think that TF has been hoping for a chance to do a show on the Vegas Strip. He takes a lot to watch on a regular bases. The venue could also use a work over such as going to some local shoots not just the ones that cost a arm and leg to attend. With the rise of Diesel and rumors of $5 a gallon it might be my total trip. From the bedroom to my living room recliner. That Jimmy might be parked. I did vote for what it is worth.

Hate to be the bearer of bad BAD news, but just got an emule from Tupelo.....

they have canceled Cowboys for 2011, but are negotiating contracts for 2012, so, I say

If you want to keep it you best get to letter writing.

curley

what are you worried about the 2012 season for everybody knows the world is come to an ending then in 2012 lol

I do have a problem with The FLASH but that is me. I think the show should have different front men and not just ER & TF. By the way I think that TF has been hoping for a chance to do a show on the Vegas Strip. He takes a lot to watch on a regular bases. The venue could also use a work over such as going to some local shoots not just the ones that cost a arm and leg to attend. With the rise of Diesel and rumors of $5 a gallon it might be my total trip. From the bedroom to my living room recliner. That Jimmy might be parked. I did vote for what it is worth.

Pard, I have to tell you, that unnecessary comment is real lame. You don't have to put down folks to satisfy your need to make rude remarks. You have a right not to watch the show and if it was so awful and Tupelo Flash irks you so much, I urge you to flip the channel until you find whatever it is you enjoy.

BTW, Tupelo Flash does have a show on the strip, in fact it is more than an Elvis, it is a revue of all the old time rock and roll star impersonators. The man is also generous enough to foot the bill out of his own pocket to have brought that show to Norco for the entertainment of many, at the clubs annual. He also has another business of which from that he sponsors matches at least three annuals. He practices his motto of helping people he finds on the trail. I like the man.

The show is obviously gone. Not everyone watched it, but some have said they found out about CAS from seeing the show and then attending a match to check it out live. Since I enjoy all that is cowboy action, I enjoyed watching the show myself.

I am sorry you didn't, but I fought that you can enjoy the right. Give others a fair shake please.

I wouldn't say that too often,and once more will be too often!

I got your back Howdy ,so that's two for Tupelo.

You would know nothing about Energiser batteries without Tupelo R.S. Flash

Canceled ya gotta be kidding right? I'll be a suck egg mule. Let me guess, SWAT TV is a go for 2011. Lord help thats tha most unwatchable tv show I've seen. I could care less what SWAT does or how they do it. Same for tha little Self Defense program. If you need a bald headed man wid a goat tee ta tell ye when you need ta shoot a SOB you in bad shape. Get real! I don't care if he's got credentails on paper that will roll out tha front door all tha way from tha back. OMAA

Cowboys wuz tha only show in that string along with gunnuts worth watchin period.

Topelo and Evil Roy were both good for tha show as well as Tequllia. Tha show was about our sport and ta gripe about it is just Assinnine(SP?)

I SWEAR

RRR

Didn't Elvis die on the toilet from cardiac problems due to a prescription drug overdose???

Gonna have to put you on probation, with replys like that,once more and your off..

Always wanted to say that :unsure:

Ron was/is a great host and Gene a great sidekick. So was Tequila a great host for years.

It was a great show but all good things must come to an end.

All we can do now is hope for and work for a comeback in 2012.

I'd just like to know who made the command decision to drop the ax?

outdoor channel? Who? we need to know who to work on for a return in 2012.

I agree witht he comment about only having about 10 minutes of actual cowboy shooting, but was still worth watching. It was nice to have a little variety beside shows on defense and AR-15's. Lets pray for a comback in 2012 or late in 2011

Even though there was only about 10 minutes of real show!!!!

I still never missed a show.even watched the reruns!!!!

I was even getting people I know to start watching it!!!

Wonder what will replace it???..I would even watch ZOOT SHOOTERS... before some of the other trash on now a days!!!

Have to look for more "You-Tube" videos on Cowboys I guess!!!

If you find one pass it along PARDS.

KK

The show will be missed. Weather you liked parts of it or not.....it was a show about the sport so many here love. Its not like the defensive shooting shows or hunting shows....or AR-15 show......it was the ONLY one about Cowboy Shooting that I know of and now its gone. To gripe about a show that was taking the time to bring you info on the sport you love is beyond me.

Well without Cowboys, there isn't much for me to watch Wednesday nights. Has anybody heard how they are going to replace Cowboys? Another one of those tedious SWAT TV programs? I guess I will stay away from the range on Wednesdays this year.

Hey Folks,

I don't get the channel or I'd be watching. I am sorry it is not renewed as I've encountered non shooters when I was in costume who had seen it and were intrigued. I think it was good advertising for SASS.

I've encountered and shot with Tupelo. He's a character for sure and a very kind person.

Regards,

Allie Mo

We need to support our own Wolf Bane and his other shows for now. I know he will work hard to get his "Cowboys" back on. He has enough shows on TOC that he definetely has a powerful voice. It is my understanding that we almost lost Cowboys a few years back, but Wolf Bane made a few "suggestions" that brought it back to the table.

Go get'em Wolf Bane and thanks so much to Midway.

We need to support our own Wolf Bane and his other shows for now. I know he will work hard to get his "Cowboys" back on. He has enough shows on TOC that he definetely has a powerful voice. It is my understanding that we almost lost Cowboys a few years back, but Wolf Bane made a few "suggestions" that brought it back to the table.

Go get'em Wolf Bane and thanks so much to Midway.

+1

maybe sass need to sponsor and pay for the show.

sass members can send in video from there shoots and use.

i'm sure there is enough video out there to do a show.

there are people in the video production industry to do a episode on better video making

the girls can do dress making tips.

the list can go on, all run by sass

Hate to see it canceled-but it needs an up date IMHO

how about more gun handing Tips,something about

about new products coming up,something about stage

writing, a spot about different clubs and what to expect

if you go there to shoot. or something about different

shooting styles and classifications. Im not knocking the

show- its the first time a lot of new shooters are exposed to

CAS . but it could be much more informative.Diablo Slim

I agree with you 100%

Well, that's a shame. I thought Tupelo was an affable host. I didn't like the new format as much as the previous one, but still enjoyed it.

Fact is, even by cable narrowcasting standards, it had a niche audience.

Maybe it needed a competition among a bunch of housemates, with challenges and interpersonal drama.

:blink:

Probably wouldn't hurt to drop a line to the Potterfields at Midway USA and let them know how you feel about the show being dropped. It won't be the same without "Cowboys"! I believe in buying from advertisers who support our sport and since the show's called "Midway USA's Cowboys", it may have been a result of their withdrawing sponsorship of the series. Just a guess. :blink:

Deadeye

Ratings-wise, we had our best season ever...the new format seemed to reach more people than ever before. In fact, we'd finally started reaching the larger audience I'd hoped for. Ron has really started coming together as a host, which is a harder job that one would think.

I am going to push hard for 2012, and every bit of your help is appreciated. Especially comments to sponsors, who need to know what you guys think.

Programming a television show is like trying to assemble a jigsaw puzzle where you don't know the final picture. You accept that you can't please everyone...you jig and jag, turn this way and that, try things that don't work and things that do. Every day you step up and bet your job...lot of you in other industries know how that goes...I've been fired and rehired and on any given day I'm standing on ice. Of course I love it. My producer on Cowboys, John Carter, and my Director if Photography, Gene Moffett, are both cowboy action shooters. So many of you have shot with me, so I think you knw my commitment to the sport.

The legend goes that a bunch of cowboys were getting restive at a performance in the Central City Opera House in Colorado...when things seemed on the verge of getting out of control, another cowboybstood up and shouted, "SHUT UP! The thing ain't over 'till the fat lady sings!"

The fat lady ain't sung yet.

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Would a sponsorship by SASS save this program?

If so, I think it would be a good investment for SASS.

If not I think SASS should come up with their own weekly program focusing on Cowboy Shooting, there are other cable networks out there who would air a cowboy action shooting program.

I also pay an extra $3.00 a month on direct tv for the the OLN, I originally added this channel just for cowboys. Now I am hooked on shooting USA, Swat, ect.... It is a shame that there will be no new cowboys since cowboy action shooting is still the most popular and biggest growing shooting sport in america.

Archived