SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Mount Laguna, San Diego, got some snow Thursday night. Today, here in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County it's 55 degrees at 10 a.m. and we are getting a light rain. Average for this date is 78. Today we might break 60. Record high is 98.
  3. I didn’t know if side match is allowed to mod that rule like they do to higher fps for range. That’s why i said “I wouldn’t think so.” Just looking for options.
  4. You know, I pointed that out to CHJ a couple of years ago. "You'll have that" he explained to me in true Ponderosa Pines fashion.
  5. No. Have you read the shooters handbook at all? https://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/Shooters Handbook Vers 23.2 MASTER COPY.pdf OLG
  6. Are jacketed rounds allowed for long range? I wouldn’t think so but it would open up what I can get from a store.
  7. In memory the crew of Ranger 12. LT Alan A. Levine, LCDR. Ronald R. Callander, LT Stephen H. Batchelder, LT James D. Richards, AT2 Richard A. Herzing, CTI3 Craig R. Rudolf, CTI3 Patrick R. Price.
  8. Does not mount to the stock. Mounts to the rear of the rec'r tang. If 100 yds is all-Then load up some .357 mag cases with some 158gn lead bullets pushing them to around 1400-1500fps, will get'er done. Try your barrel sights first........ OLG
  9. Pat raises his glass for a toast. “Here’s to hoping for sunny days and beautiful weather for your vacation, Big Sage.” Beautiful photos. Keep ‘em coming...
  10. Today
  11. I’ll have fun no matter what. So I’m good there . I have no idea what to expect. Match description so far is “long range match”. Not sure if it’s pistol caliber or not. I assumed not. I do know the max distance at the range is 100 yards (they’re working on a longer range but it’s not done) so I was going for worst case. I hope it’s the multi distance thing described. I’d do alright for half of it at least haha. I should note... I don’t load yet. I have someone who may let me use their loader if I have a specific load but not sure they can before the match. I know what I have is terrible at 100 yards so my easiest option is store bought ammo. I had some 158 gr HSM cowboy rounds left over that I tried. They weren’t much better than the 125 gr cowboy rounds I use. Anything from Sportsman’s WH they’d recommend?
  12. Thank you Jed I Just hope that this marketing plan is not to little-to late. Your videos show what SASS is and all the fun. OLG
  13. For Sale : Contact Oklahoma Dee · Used 38 Special Brass – This brass has been cleaned twice, de-capped and resized. Starline, R-P,Winchester, Speer, CBC,PMC, etc..There maybe some 357 Mag sprinkled in. – Bag of 300+ ( $16) – 2 Bags of 250+ ($15 each) · Shotshell 12GA checkers – New - $24 each – Three left of current stock · Uberti / 1873 Rifle – 20” octagon Pistol Grip – 357 Magnum – Palo Verde action job with his own Short Stroke kit installed – SliXSprings Flat trigger – Aluminum carrier – asking $2000 Palo Verde currently has a number of State, Regional, National and World Champions shooting this type of rifle. · Lefty Wheeler Magazine sleeves -Aluminum tube/Spring/follower for the 357Mag Uberti rifle - $55 each – fits 20” barrels and can be modified for shorter barrels · Texas Paterson Replica -BP .36 Percussion – 7.5” barrel with holster/box - $400 · Winchester AA 12 GA Factory – 8 boxes from Winter Range 2019 - $8 per box · 2 Winchester 1987’s 12GA Shotguns – $575 each - action by Roughneck Rod · SKB Model 100 12GA – Uncut 28” Blued barrels – Split finger forearm - $1100 · Leather 12GA Shotgun belts - $100 each Cash unless other arrangements made and agreed upon – On firearms, purchaser must be legal to purchase one or more.
  14. Right up front, I am a newbie at hand loads. My method of learning is Immersion. I study, dig, build spread sheets, work the math and ask questions of those more knowledgeable than me. The intent is having a good understanding of WHY I want a starting point for my loads. I know from long experience that if I introduce my wife to the game, with a hot load, she will shy away forever. This is the same concept as the idiot who takes his wife to the top of a Black Diamond run on her first outing at snow skiing. As I understand it right now, there are three states: CUP < BHN, CUP = BHN and CUP > BHN CUP < BHN An extreme example would be as Bull Skinner notes above.. 8400 CUP with a BHN=22 bullet. There is not enough pressure to obturate the hard lead, so it leaks pressure. No barrel leading because the bullet is too hard for the pressure. CUP = BHN Wedded bliss. Pressure is matched to hardness for correct obturation and no leading. CUP > BHN Too much pressure for too-soft lead. Causes barrel leading. Your Red Dot is a couple points higher on the fast burning scale than Clays. I am very much interested in the Missouri Bullets 125gr RNFP in my Vaqueros and 1894CB. There is a 3.5gr Clays load where BHN=12, CUP=16,900 that exactly matches this bullet. This will be my starting point.
  15. Sounds like us up here in Canada Rye. A/C on during the day. Furnace on at night.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.