SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. But dry tumbling will never get the primer pockets really clean, especially if you shoot BP. I used to have a few high primers in a batch, now I never do if I tumble with the primers out at least eve4y 4 times. Don't do it all the time, don't need to. I load for 4 of us in the family who shoot, so the fewer problems I have with ammo the better.
  3. Hey Coffinmaker, Im guessing you’re back in PA? Thanks for the info. A retired officer from Swissvale, (home of Union Switch & Signal and their famous 1911A1) was asking me about them.
  4. How much could it mess ‘em up if we all went back at ‘em with praise and accolades for the insights?
  5. Not obsessed either. But I had trouble with the "As long as it's clean it's fine!" part when I did dry tumbling, especially on the insides of the cases. And the mess that dry tumbling itself made while separating the media from the brass, while wet tumbling makes none whatsoever. To each his own!
  6. Hey Barleypop!! YEPPER!! I certainly have a Pietta 1878 replicant. Bought it directly off the display wall after it was introduced at Shot Show. The guns are in FACT made in Italy. They are of extreme HIGH QUALITY. They are a little stiff out of the box because of tight tolerances. they also have quite heavy Main Springs. A little judicious rubbin-n-buffin eases the "stiff" part and very careful attention to the Main Springs makes them quite nice. They also smooth up nicely with use. I'm going to be piddling with another one this weekend. Initially, When I took my Pietta apart, I compared it to my Pedersoli. Same same even though Pietta say they make their own. Pietta parts interchange pretty much "drop in." The guns ain't cheap. They are, however, worth every penny. They will outlast anyone who acquires one . . or two. THE Prairie Dawg was also answering whilst I were typing. I'm going to be "looking" at his this weekend. Wheeeeeeeeee
  7. Hey JB: I have one. Pietta shotguns are made in the Gussago Italy manufacturing facility. The facility is owned by F.LLI PIETTA F.A.P. Fabbrica Armi F.LLI PIETTA di Pietta Giuseppe & C. snc. --Dawg
  8. UPDATE::: if the light fails to light and you know the battery is charged wipe the lens of the motion detector with a paper towel. It seems moisture or dew build up and keep the sensor from operating. The motion detector lens is the dark gray circular area on the round light and the lighter protruding circular area on the long light.
  9. So basically we’re dealing with SkyNet here.
  10. I recall when a local radio announcer remarked how the smallest mammaries were in Asia and the largest were in USA, Canada was second. (Surgical alterations were not counted.) I wanted to point out that such measurements were heavily correlated to obesity.
  11. I remember in Boy Scout cooking - both second class and first class - the meat portion was always listed as 4 ounces. Even at the age of 13 I thought 4 ounces of meat was an awful little amount.
  12. Is it too much to hope that some sanity will be restored to the government?!
  13. Today
  14. I don't and never will use wet tumbling. An hour or so with corn cob media and Brasso or Dillon case cleaner or others work just fine! I'm not obsessed with brand new looking brass. As long as it's clean it's fine!
  15. I reload .38's for my .357 Colts and rifles. You pretty much have to reload for this game unless you got big bucks!! Winchester 12 guage AA's can be found but I reload those as well and so do most of the shooters. Happy hunting!!
  16. I'd go with Uberti's in .357/.38. Cimarron or Taylor's. Look on the SASS Classified for used guns. Rugers are good to but I never cared for how they feel Just MHO.
  17. I would like to think the ruling would have been different if the individual was not on parole.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.