SASS Wire Forum

Cold Steel Cable Cane Whip

I have never heard of one of these. I must say it’s intriguing. I am not even sure how you could word the search to make its legal. 

Anyway, here is the Cold Steel Cable Cane Whip. 

OOPS! Forgot the link. 
https://www.coldsteel.com/cable-whip-cane/

Edited by Pat Riot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I read some of the comments and there were a few that said that when using the cane the whip could be heard rattling inside the tube. That’s not good. I guess you could put a polymer sleeve inside, but why do that? Cold Steel should address that issue. 

Just now, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Watching the video -- the whip end of it coming around behind the person using it looks like it could be about as dangerous to the wielder as nunchaku.  

Good point. 

2 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I suspect this might be covered under laws on Slung Shot which are covered in quite a few states.  I would prefer a sword cane or loaded cane.

A “slungshot” is a cord with a weight on it. It’s used for casting lines from one place to another. The ball is called a monkey fist. The cord is sometimes wrapped around the shot in a basket weave fashion. 
I am not sure the slungshot and the cane whip would be considered the same thing under law. 

17 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I'd rather have a sword than a cable.  

A felony in many states. I cannot find info on a cane whip. 

I walk the neighborhood with my Cold Steel sword cane on a regular basis (perfectly legal in TN).  I figure that and my Beretta .380 Pico makes me less of a sitting duck.  I'm too old and slow to do the flight part of "fight or flight", but I might still surprise a "ne'er do well" with bad intentions. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

I walk the neighborhood with my Cold Steel sword cane on a regular basis (perfectly legal in TN).  I figure that and my Beretta .380 Pico makes me less of a sitting duck.  I'm too old and slow to do the flight part of "fight or flight", but I might still surprise a "ne'er do well" with bad intentions. 

I just verified that cane swords are legal in WV and in PA “if it is not carried with unlawful intentions”. 
That’s good to know. I live in WV and frequent PA often. Though I really don’t need a cane of any kind…now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I just verified that cane swords are legal in WV and in PA “if it is not carried with unlawful intentions”. 
That’s good to know. I live in WV and frequent PA often. Though I really don’t need a cane of any kind…now.

Legal in Montana when last I looked, but many things are.

9 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Actually this reminds me a bit or the collapsible Spring Batons - numerous brands & styles. 

I had one in CA that extended to 26”, if I remember correctly. I carried it on my bike for the occasional d’bag often encountered there.

One day I got pulled over for speeding and the officer noticed it clipped to my handlebars. He informed me that possession of those batons were a felony unless the individual was a law enforcement officer. 
My baton was in pristine condition. I never used it once I bought it,  I didn’t need to, strangely enough. 
I smiled at the officer and asked him how he would like a new baton.

He smiled back and said “I’d love one.”

I motioned to it and said “Help yourself” and he did. He still gave me the speeding ticket though. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Looks like a weedeater drive cable.

A good cane with a hame head would serve you better and invoke less time to employ or questions if used.

Plenty of easy to find cane technique.

3-4’ of 350-500 kcmil copper will end a bad dudes day real quick too!

Edited by Dirty Dan Dawkins
  • Haha 1