SASS Wire Forum

DFW area SASS Clubs

2 minutes ago, Ninety Caliber Al, 50218 said:

Trying to find out which SASS club would be the closest to Colleyville Tx. ?

See pinned post at the top of this forum

Below is a list of the clubs I know of around the DFW area. I know there are some clubs to the west of Fort Worth but I am not familiar with that area.

Clubs in the DFW area

Texas Ten Horns shoot west of  Leonard TX. Matches are the First Saturday and following Sunday of the month      www.texas10horns.org.  

Texas Trouble Makers shoot in Brownsboro TX. Matches are the first Saturday of the month www.texastroublemakers.org.

Red River Valley Cowpokes outside Albany Ok. Just north of Bohnam Tx. Matches are the 2nd Saturday of each month.
Contact: Calamity Di Bar Phone: 580-847-2210 E-Mail: dibartoma@me.com
Iron Tomahawk Kid Phone: 580-847-2210E-Mail: rrvcowboychurch@yahoo.com

Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club Near Cleburne TX. Matches are the second Saturday and following Sunday of the month. http://www.lsfsc.com. 

Oakwood Outlaws Shoot in Oakwood TX. Matches are the second Saturday and following Sunday of the month. www.oakwoodoutlaws.org.

Badlands Bar 3 shoot east of Clarksville TX. Matches are the fourth full weekend of the month.   www.badlandsbar3.com.

Old Fort Parker Patriots shoot at Old Fort Parker near Mexia TX. Matches are the third Saturday and following Sunday of the month.     www.oldfortparkerpatriots.weebly.com.

Comanche Valley Vigilantes shoot near Cleburne TX. Matches are the fourth full weekend of the month  They also shoot Wild Bunch matches see the website for details. www.comanchevalley.org.

There is also one NCOWS club in the area. The Berger Sharpshooters hold their matches at the Wild Horse Creek Camp and Cowboy Church NE of Bonham TX. Matches are the first, third, and fifth Saturdays of the month. www.bergersharpshooters.com

You've got both the Lonestar Frontier Shooting Club and Comanche Valley Vigilantes in Cleburne which would be the closest to you.

And the Texas Ten Horns in Leonard.

Plus the Arlington Sportsman Club in Arlington (not SASS affiliated but shoot CAS)

And then there's the Texas Doughboys that shoot Wild Bunch.... I think they're up in Saginaw or Watauga

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

You've got both the Lonestar Frontier Shooting Club and Comanche Valley Vigilantes in Cleburne which would be the closest to you.

And the Texas Ten Horns in Leonard.

Plus the Arlington Sportsman Club in Arlington (not SASS affiliated but shoot CAS)

And then there's the Texas Doughboys that shoot Wild Bunch.... I think they're up in Saginaw or Watauga

Texas Doughboys Historic 3 Gun is located just outside Bowie Texas. You can find them on facebook

Al,

Bar-3 now 2nd weekend.

bb

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Al,

Bar-3 now 2nd weekend.

bb

Thx Billy! My youngest has moved to Colleyville recently and I’d like to combine visits with shooting. Someone told me it’s 1 1/2 hours to Ten Horns from Colleyville . I can’t imagine Bar 3 being  any closer??

3 minutes ago, Ninety Caliber Al, 50218 said:

Thx Billy! My youngest has moved to Colleyville recently and I’d like to combine visits with shooting. Someone told me it’s 1 1/2 hours to Ten Horns from Colleyville . I can’t imagine Bar 3 being  any closer??

Cleburne your closest, 55 minutes.  Bar-3 about 2h 15min, Albany 95 min, 10horns 80 min

Lone Star & Comanche Valley have merged as Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club, the oldest continually shooting SASS affiliated club in Texas.  But, still shoot the 2nd & 4th weekends.  Texas Ten Horns shoot the 1st weekend, and both are just about equi-distant from Colleyville by the time you get out to the actual range.  For LSFSC, take US67 past Cleburne, turn left on FM1434, @ the Ormsby Ranch on FM1434 turn left on CR 1108, then left again at ranch entrance, follow the signs out to the range.  For TTT, from US75 go north to US121 to TX 160, go right to TX78, then left to private road 562 and turn left to range.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can't go worng with Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club or Texas 10 Horns, I shoot at both.  Old Fort Parker is great as well but a bit more of a drive.  Everyone has wonderfull comments on Albany as well, but I've not made it up there myself.  TTH has a shoot in June called the Great Speghetti Western, check out thier facebook for an application  

• Like 2