SASS Wire Forum

40mm Grenade Launchers

and I still love the MK19 although every time I disassembled one they drew blood  , For the m430 grenades they have  arming distance of 18-40 meters (caused by  rotation of grenade when fired) We rolled some on the floor so they would activate in a shorter distance , not recommended :) 

• Thanks 3

I liked the M79 Grenade Launcher when I was in the Navy. I had a knack for that thing. I haven’t fired any of the others. 

I got to fire a 25 round belt of training rounds through the MK-19 for familiarization purposes during MP School, that was fun.

It was always a bad sign when the drill sergeants mostly stopped yelling and were almost polite.  They were that way for live grenade training.  The sandbagged pit,  pockmarked wall and flak vests.  I did not enjoy grenade training

Used to work with a guy that was a MK-19 gunner. His was mounted on top of a Humvee. Said it was an interesting ride when firing to the side at speed. 

On 3/15/2024 at 1:13 PM, Texas Lizard said:

Did not train on any of this stuff....I was Air Force, we dropped nukes...Bigger bang.....

Texas Lizard

Did fix the bombing radar and computers so we could drop them in the right place....

But you guys Lost what 6 including flying one from Minot to texas and leaving unsecured over a weekend ? And we havent used one since 1945 :) 

32 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

But you guys Lost what 6 including flying one from Minot to texas and leaving unsecured over a weekend ? And we havent used one since 1945 :) 

I just fixed them...I didn't fly them....No ejection seat for me...You just dive out one them little doors on the bottom....

Texas Lizard

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

I just fixed them...I didn't fly them....No ejection seat for me...You just dive out one them little doors on the bottom....

Texas Lizard

My Father in Law did the Cable / wiring for all the Nike sites here , So that was a ongoing tease.

• Like 1