SASS Wire Forum

Gas Prices Rising

I read an article blaming the president for gas prices climbing. While I despise the man I don’t think it’s his fault, but the fault of the petroleum companies and their speculators. You see, there’s an eclipse coming and literally millions of people will drive or even fly to see it. 
That’s why I think gas prices are going to go up. 

What do you think?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I saw something that it was due to the refineries moving from the "winter" to "summer" blend

• Like 1

Gas prices are going up because Bidenflation is at it again. There may be other factors at work for gas prices, but the reality is that ALL prices are going up. Again.

From an article in Newsmax:

Wholesale prices in the United States accelerated again in February, the latest sign that inflation pressures in the economy remain elevated and might not cool in the coming months as fast as the Federal Reserve or the Biden administration would like.

The Labor Department said Thursday that its producer price index — which tracks inflation before it reaches consumers — rose 0.6% from January to February, up from a 0.3% rise the previous month. Measured year over year, producer prices rose by 1.6% in February.

The figures could present a challenge for the Fed, which is counting on cooling inflation as it considers when to cut its benchmark interest rate, now at a 23-year high. The Fed raised rates 11 times in 2022 and 2023 to fight high inflation. A rate cut by the Fed could boost the economy and financial markets because it would likely ease borrowing costs over time for mortgages, auto loans and business lending.

Thursday's data also showed that underlying inflation also picked up last month. Excluding volatile food and energy costs, “core” wholesale prices rose 0.3%, down from a 0.5% jump the previous month. Compared with a year ago, core prices climbed 2%, the same as the previous month. Core inflation, which tends to provide a better sign of where inflation may be headed, is watched particularly closely.

Full article here:  https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/inflation-wholesale-prices/2024/03/14/id/1157240/

Edited by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770
  • Like 1

That jerk in the White House is to blame for ALL high prices! It started on day one of his term!:angry:

• Thanks 1

Corporate (oil companies/speculators) greed and idiotic government policies from both the present and past administrations.

This thread was about fuel prices not everything else under the sun. I have requested the Mods lock it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2