SASS Wire Forum

Idiotic author, or something else?

Alpo

Danny Thomas show. Mama, Daddy, two kids. When the show finished the boy was 17, and could not get another job. Tried several things, but they were all unsuccessful.

"In January 1990, at the age of forty-two, he killed himself with a blast from a .357 magnum shotgun."

That "357 Magnum shotgun" threw me. But I wonder if he used a shotgun with a 357 conversion chamber? If that were so, he wouldn't have shot himself with a 357 revolver or even with a 357 rifle. It would have been a 357 shotgun.

Yeah there's another thing about the software on this site that annoys the living **** out of me. Worse than otto. Worse than the merge.

You will be writing something and all of a sudden a pop-up will show telling you that you got a notification. And it does that right in the way of where you're about to click. So when you're about to click on one of otto's screw-ups so you can fix it, you actually click on the pop up and it takes you to a completely different page.

I would quote the round headed kid but I've been informed that I do it wrongly.

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Danny Thomas show. Mama, Daddy, two kids. When the show finished the boy was 17, and could not get another job. Tried several things, but they were all unsuccessful.

"In January 1990, at the age of forty-two, he killed himself with a blast from a .357 magnum shotgun."

That "357 Magnum shotgun" threw me. But I wonder if he used a shotgun with a 357 conversion chamber? If that were so, he wouldn't have shot himself with a 357 revolver or even with a 357 rifle. It would have been a 357 shotgun.

Ignorant author.

Death[edit]

On the night of January 18, 1990, John Hamer found his brother's body in his trailer home in DeRidder, Louisiana. Hamer had shot himself in the head with a .357 Magnum revolver.[26]

SOURCE

22 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Yeah there's another thing about the software on this site that annoys the living **** out of me. Worse than otto. Worse than the merge.

You will be writing something and all of a sudden a pop-up will show telling you that you got a notification. And it does that right in the way of where you're about to click. So when you're about to click on one of otto's screw-ups so you can fix it, you actually click on the pop up and it takes you to a completely different page.

Ya know, I don't have problems like that on my computer. 

4 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Ya know, I don't have problems like that on my computer. 

I sometimes encounter that when composing a post on my phone, but I just scroll past it or I hit that little X in the white circle at the end of the notification and “voila”! It just disappears!!

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

I don’t have that problem on my phone or computer!!

@Alpo,

I'll do my part and stop responding to your posts which will in turn stop sending you notifications. :P
You being a popular guy doesn't help the matter either. :blush:
Let us know if you want everyone else to assist you in this manner. ;)

I wonder, are these notifications because you follow threads or follow certain member’s posts?

I have accidentally followed threads and that can be annoying. 

Archived