SASS Wire Forum

Ding Dong the Wizard is gone, the Wizard gone, Ding Dong the wicked Wizard is gone!  It's about time!!!

On the flip side.  I don't understand how a State can tell a private company how the company can spend their funds.

You can't recruit me because I was more madder at little Obama then I was at the Wizard when I became a Lifer.

**** New York!

We need a wall around all major cities. Each city gets a wall and no one can leave. They also can’t vote statewide or federal, just because the cities have screwed up enough of this country in the past century. 

If only I were king…

A boy can dream…

4 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Ding Dong the Wizard is gone, the Wizard gone, Ding Dong the wicked Wizard is gone!  It's about time!!!

On the flip side.  I don't understand how a State can tell a private company how the company can spend their funds.

You can't recruit me because I was more madder at little Obama then I was at the Wizard when I became a Lifer.

It depends on which funds. Parts of the NRA claim nonprofit status. Perhaps other tax breaks too.

4 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

It's a not-for-profit corporation. As such, entitled to significant tax advantages. The tax advantages arise from the idea that such corporations serve a social or public interest.

State laws allowed the creation of non-profit corporations to serve public causes of all types, often charitable. They do not have stockholders who can provide ultimate oversight. There have long been statutory mechanisms that allow state review of the operations of non-profits, to see that they do not deviate from the purposes that allowed them to solicit tax-free contributions on the basis of those purposes in the first place. Thus if they divert contributed money to improper purposes not in accord with their misson, they can be subject to legal 'correction'.

The sad part is that it was left to an anti-gun leftist AG to do what the board in particular, as well as the membership, should have done long ago.

5 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

That was when I went from yearly to Life membership. On the SASS Wire, there was a thread about upgrading to Life or even for 1st timers a limited time offer of $200 if I recall correctly. Went Life and talked coerced others to do the same. If they would do something like that now, it would probably help to increase membership and raise funds.

What's with all of the phone calls lately?  I'm getting 2-3 a day.

Given their near complete lack of help in Connecticut when the "assault weapon" ban took place after the Sandy Hook and until they purge the current leadership of all of  Lapierre's flunkies, they'll only get my annual membership money.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

…probably help to increase membership and raise funds.

…probably help to increase membership and replace funds.

ATT somehow filters my calls and they come up “spam risk” or Non Profit. My phone doesn’t ring unless you’re in my contacts. Sweet! They show up and I can see the number. They can also leave a message but the spam callers never leave a message.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

ATT somehow filters my calls and they come up “spam risk” or Non Profit. My phone doesn’t ring unless you’re in my contacts. Sweet! They show up and I can see the number. They can also leave a message but the spam callers never leave a message.

On my cordless phone it comes up with NRA and a phone number that changes.  Pretty sure it's NRA members calling on their cell phones dong volunteer work.  I don't get messages, but I suspect it's a robo-caller that dials numbers and the call only  goes to the volunteer if a human picks up

Archived