SASS Wire Forum

Brass 12 gauge reloading

slow poke gear

Best option is the dies from CH4D. The dies are a couple hundred $, but the most reliable method of keeping them working. Depending on your press you may need to upgrade it as well. 

• Like 1

Assuming these are the Magtec brass shells. Dropping a box of them loaded will knock them out of round far enough they may not chamber. Been there done that, also the reason I went to the CH4D dies. 

• Like 2

Well, I try real hard not to drop mine.  I do get annoyed when some Ham Hock steps on one.  Other than that, I have not had to "re-size" mine in 8 0r 9 seasons of use.  Unless someone steps on one.  I've been shooting them in 4 different doubles with no problem at all.  If needed, I do have the RCBS Shell Holder and Die set.  I use the RCBS die primarily for de-priming and re-priming.

• Like 2

I have shot Megtech for five years and never had to resize any shells. Lost a few that were stepped on but even saved a couple of them. I have the RCBS Cowboy Brass shell dies but they do not resize the shells. Enjoy.

• Like 2