SASS Wire Forum

Dulling that Ruger Shine

Shawnee Hills

Wanting to blast the top straps of my NMVs to tame the shine on sunny days.  I just want to take care of the shine (matt finish) but not actually cut what is there (so ALOX is out).  Normally this is done with glass beads but not sure what size grit to use.  Anyone have an idea?  I already have 80 grit but I suspect that is too big.

Thanks Guys!  Tried both and ended up going with the finer (grey) pad.  Still a bit of shine but it definitely dulls the factory finish a bunch.  The real test will be out in the sun . . . whenever we see that again.  May end up blasting still but will try this for now.

try rubbing spider webs on it first - only takes a few minutes and might give you what you want without any cost , no loss here save the few minutes it takes , 

• 2 weeks later...

@Palmetto Traveller did something to his that is really nice. Not shiny but not the bead blasted look either. He told me how he did it but I forgot! 

Hugs!

Scarlett