SASS Wire Forum

Dillon XL650 Index bearing cam block

HiYa Matt!!

Yepper!! I have one on both of my 650s and it works quite well.  However I will add, there is a complete "kit" by "Hit Factor" you should also add to your 650.  In combination, they really really smooth out the operation of a 650!!

Capt. Burt, The roller bearing smoothes out travel of the Indexing Cam.  I don't know what that "extra" screw on the top actually accomplishes.  I know of no reason to mess with the primer depth.

There are actually two makers of this little doo dad.  I don't know if the "other one" has a "depth stop" now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

HiYa Matt!!

Yepper!! I have one on both of my 650s and it works quite well.  However I will add, there is a complete "kit" by "Hit Factor" you should also add to your 650.  In combination, they really really smooth out the operation of a 650!!

Capt. Burt, The roller bearing smoothes out travel of the Indexing Cam.  I don't know what that "extra" screw on the top actually accomplishes.  I know of no reason to mess with the primer depth.

There are actually two makers of this little doo dad.  I don't know if the "other one" has a "depth stop" now. 

Hey Mike,

I got a 650 last year but still haven’t set it up ( I’m the king of procrastinators) I found this after looking at the Hit Factor kit you spoke so highly of. These will be my first two upgrades. The garage is too cold now so hopefully spring will see the 650 up and running. 

I guess I need to go check this out some. I have never seen nor heard of it before and I have been using my 650 for about 4 years now. I am not ever sure where it would go on the press.

TM

2 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

I guess I need to go check this out some. I have never seen nor heard of it before and I have been using my 650 for about 4 years now. I am not ever sure where it would go on the press.

TM

This part replaces the part that moves the indexing ring.  Hit Factor kit has a bearing for the shell plate and camming pin for case feeder. 

055f78904d2d8828fa2c3274bc847832--tips-and-tricks-ar.jpg

• Like 1