SASS Wire Forum

Mercy Me

Kodiak Bill

I thought so.  I responded to one of his posts.  I asked for a picture of him with his sass badge and the item.  Someone else replied to me that he was okay but that person hat the MM initials .  Then he replied that he wasn’t home but would see what he could do when he got home.  Never heard from him again.  I saw another cowboy responding to a different ad and I told him my experience.  Two weeks later he said that he and his friend that was looking for the piece had the same luck .  MM wanted one of these funny money payments and they backed out.  Unfortunately I saw friend respond to the same Colt ad that I did.  I PM’d him but he didn’t see my message until two days after he sent the money.  He tracked the money and knows that it was received.  Now he is getting the run around.  Guy is claiming illness, but he just posted the ad that Last Call responded to.  I have been hesitating to PM Saul but I am super glad that he has been outer.  Just sorry that my friend looks like he got had.  Do you know how Saul got him?  Thanks, C.W. Knight 47289L

You need to report these POSs to the moderator as soon as you become suspect. They are top notch on confirming legitimacy of these posters. If they turn out ok, then no real harm done.

Yeah,  the price for the python was too good to be true. Also, I saw that he was posting here and there but had no completed sales on any of his items.  I asked MM to tell me where he was shooting and he gave me the club name, but I could not find his alias on any of the posted scoresheets.

In IMs, he requested a USPS money order and provided the name and address of Rocky Mount, NC.  I located a few local clubs on FB and sent inquiries to the FB page admins.  Duc was quick to answer that he had no idea who that was.

Duc called the SASS office and verified that the SASS number belonged to another person and that MM used VPN and Nigerian IPs to connect to the SASS wire

That was the end of it

Well, I sent him a check last week for $1600 last week for a Colt and I verified that he received the funds. He replied that he was not doing well and would get back to me. I saw him online 2 hours ago and sent a message, no reply. This is the first time I have been scammed online in many years of trading on the wire, and it is disappointing.  I did most my usual checks including talking to him on the phone, and it seemed ok.  He had been online for over year and had made quite a few posts, which made me feel it would be an ok trade and it was not too low considering some of the recent deals I had pending. Unfortunately, I was averted to possibly on a scam the day after I send the funds. Not sure what my recourse at this time is available,  but will contact post office about the scam and see if there is any recourse since I used Postal Money orders. I guess I will have to do more research from now on when trading on the wire.  Maddog McCoy

MM what state and city did you send the MO to? 
I had this happen a few years ago. I called the local PD and got them involved. I ended up getting my money back.

This from a known SASS member. 
I still think it sucks we can’t call out a scammer.

We definitely need a sticky of people who have been confirmed as trustworthy sellers.

9 minutes ago, Whip Assalot said:

We definitely need a sticky of people who have been confirmed as trustworthy sellers.

That'd be a lengthy list,from my experiences here. Just a few rotten apples by comparison.

38 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

That'd be a lengthy list,from my experiences here. Just a few rotten apples by comparison.

Yeah, but all it takes is one rotten apple or scammer for folks to lose their money, often well past 1K. 

I am not sure if this website software allows it, but on ar15.com, they have a feedback system and the number of positive (or negative) transactions is displayed under each user's name and avatar.

10 minutes ago, Last Call Saul said:

I am not sure if this website software allows it, but on ar15.com, they have a feedback system and the number of positive (or negative) transactions is displayed under each user's name and avatar.

Same with Calguns.net

Archived