SASS Wire Forum

Has anyone here had any luck bidding on Gun Broker?

Pat Riot

I get decent deals now and then, but it only takes two people to put something over the top. For instance, I put a nearly new Kel Tec P-32 here on the SASS classifieds six months ago for $300, shipped, with a bunch of brass, and no bites. I listed it on Gunbroker three weeks ago with a starting bid of $280, a couple bidders got in a bidding war, and it sold for $490, shipped, w/o the brass. :blink: The winning bidder bid FIFTEEN times. 

4 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I get decent deals now and then, but it only takes two people to put something over the top. For instance, I put a nearly new Kel Tec P-32 here on the SASS classifieds six months ago for $300, shipped, with a bunch of brass, and no bites. I listed it on Gunbroker three weeks ago with a starting bid of $280, a couple bidders got in a bidding war, and it sold for $490, shipped, w/o the brass. :blink: The winning bidder bid FIFTEEN times. 

That's crazy. Like I said earlier, people are paying stupid prices for guns and these bidders show it. Congrats on getting an excellent price on the gun.:)

I've bought a few thing off GB.  Last couple had  the "buy now" price set that I thought was reasonable.  But we had a long list of gunshops within driving distance.  Got to know the owners well.  Nick would order in anything you wanted for his cost plus $25.  At the time that was what he charged for transfer fees.  He did a lot of transfers for people ordering of auction sites. Told one guy he could have saved him $500.  I've ordered a couple through him. 

Something I just read somewhere (I will need to research this) If you make more than $600 profit on auction sites you will have to claim it on Fed. Income Tax. 

I had some ideas on selling a couple of guns on GB. Not any more. 

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Something I just read somewhere (I will need to research this) If you make more than $600 profit on auction sites you will have to claim it on Fed. Income Tax. 

Key word...profit. B)

I attended an estate auction years ago, because a Mamiya TLR prism was on the block.
Those fools bid that used prism FAR higher than a brand new one from NYC mail order.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:11 AM, Pat Riot said:

https://www.cnbc.com/select/irs-600-reporting-rule-delayed/

Biden wanted it to be mandatory for banks to send a report every time someone deposited $600 cash.

2 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/select/irs-600-reporting-rule-delayed/

Biden wanted it to be mandatory for banks to send a report every time someone deposited $600 cash.

I believe that was actually Pelosi and the D party. 

When ever I hear a politician come up with a silly arbitrary number and that number is the same as the non-taxable number used in lotteries in states all over America I truly have to wonder what they’re up to. And what have they been up to since the 1980’s because that’s when $600 was decided on regarding lotteries. 
They, the politicians, probably think they’re not getting their “fair share” of our money. 

Archived