SASS Wire Forum

B-Western Help

Gungadin

Boots are to be showy, two tone, fancy stitching, conchos or spots.  'Traditional Design'.  

Traditional Design = normal cowboy boot, is that only pointy toe or is a softer rounded toe OK?  No flat toe I assume?

'Fancy stitching' seems to be a relative thing.  Lots of normal boots have fancy stitching so I'm not sure when a one color boot has fancy enough stitching.

Two Tone seems to qualify so long as they are traditional.

Conchos?  I don't think.

Spots?  What are spots?  Just colored?

I checked GQ but they weren't helpful :lol:

56 minutes ago, Gungadin said:

Traditional Design = normal cowboy boot, is that only pointy toe or is a softer rounded toe OK?  No flat toe I assume?

I checked GQ but they weren't helpful :lol:

Flat toe….. ie “square toe” is an extremely old boot design and definitely legal ;)

Roy pictures are typically very flashy as they are not movie pictures.  He has some wild boots and pants are always tucked in.  Jeans sometimes often brown pants, maybe some pining.

https://www.christies.com/en/lot/lot-5338083

The Christies boots are relatively tame,  Must have been his normal or movie boots.

I have HH (Double H), two toned, square toe boots with a spur shelf and rubber soles.

I also have a pair of similar Georgia boots that have steel toes, that I wear when I plan to help set or tear down steel targets.

Both have plain rubber soles.

The leather soles don't last a year for me in heavy gravel.

6 hours ago, Gungadin said:

'Spur Shelf', is that necessary for spurs or more for real functional, not 'show' spurs?  If you don't have enough ledge the spurs fall down I assume?

Some people add a screw at the back of the heel to extend the spur shelf. 

Spurs will work if set up properly with or without a spur shelf. Have worn both types for riding and for SASS.  The real benefit of the shelf is to be able to take your boots off easily without a boot jack.  I do not own or wear shoes, just Western Boots

Practice with your spurs! Ladies don’t have to wear spurs in BW but I thought they were cool so I got some. I think I shot one stage in them then almost fell flat on my face just standing - they got tangled. 

I humiliate myself enough without help from spurs!

Hugs!

Scarlett

Archived