6,8 & 12 cylinder bikes

image.thumb.jpeg.2fcac179113d21e740f4cb0088f07b2d.jpeg

image.jpeg.cdf5c535b98c53ef966bd8ef4d0ac2c8.jpeg

image.jpeg.5d924d658b1faeaece410a472b2e6a48.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.53d83a06819569baaf76ca30468f7086.jpeg

image.jpeg.4f5c7c7415729f0a916c7807cdc4c42c.jpeg

image.jpeg.dc62cc277028a2d4d1eab7c02d68a975.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2e46097ba412baf6c1939cb685ba8a14.jpeg

I’ll bet synching the carbs and adjusting the valve lash on the Kawasaki would be interesting. The Honda too. These 2 are the only ones out of the bunch I would like to ride. 

I rode a Kawasaki Mach 3 750 triple a couple of times back around 1971-72. Acceleration was mind-numbing and combined with marginal stability for such a bike. Think I might have had to change my underwear after my second (and last) ride…

Oh, to be young and stupid again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I rode a Kawasaki Mach 3 750 triple a couple of times back around 1971-72. Acceleration was mind-numbing and combined with marginal stability for such a bike. Think I might have had to change my underwear after my second (and last) ride…

A friend of mine had a Kawi Triple 500. He let me ride it for a day. I fell in love with that bike. Man, it was quick. It handled great in the curves and switchbacks. He promised that if he decided to sell it that I got first shot at it. Then that little sonofa…. traded it for a junkyard Datsun Sunbeam. 
Still pizzes me off. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Those things were plumb nasty and pure fun!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

A friend of mine had a Kawi Triple 500. He let me ride it for a day. I fell in love with that bike. Man, it was quick. It handled great in the curves and switchbacks. He promised that if he decided to sell it that I got first shot at it. Then that little sonofa…. traded it for a junkyard Datsun Sunbeam. 
Still pizzes me off. 

Took my driver's test on one!!

• Like 1

Another fun bike, the Yamaha RD400.

This one is a 1977

image.thumb.jpeg.f3b8ce707e1c4f7b3ff263362914b1ac.jpeg

A neighbor of mine had one. Nimble and quick. A great canyon bombing bike. 

• Like 2

Did you know ScooterCross is a sport?  Saw a picture, then investigated.  There is circuit and drag racing in the USA.  The ScooterCross pages are not in English.  Found this helmet camera footage of a race.

69AC89F8-607E-4921-B691-A75696D40E26.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Did you know ScooterCross is a sport?

I did not. Thank you for the info. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Inventor J. Lehaitre rides the Tractor-Cycle in 1938

FB_IMG_1713736330060.jpg.1f7abeaf8efd29541c621b16f3d6361f.jpg

I’d like to see that thing run!  I’d be interested to see how it turns..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’d like to see that thing run!  I’d be interested to see how it turns..

Probably not well:

"The tractor-cycle is a motorcycle equipped with a belt instead of the conventional wheels. Even though it looks kind of unstable standing on its belt, the "tractor-cycle" is said to have superior climbing and crossing capabilities compared to a normal motorcycle. It was invented in 1938 by J. Lehaitre in Paris, France.

Here's the original text describing this unusual machine from Modern Mechanix, issue: February, 1938 :

"Belt Drive Replaces Wheels On Novel Motorcycle

DEVELOPED primarily for operation over rough ground, a new type of motorcycle invented by J. Lehaitre, of Paris, France, features a tractor-type drive belt as its means of locomotion in place of conventional wheels. Named the “tractor-cycle” by the inventor, the novel vehicle is said to be superior to an ordinary motorcycle in its ability to climb steep and rough grades, although its speed on level ground is limited to about 25 m.p.h. Steering is accomplished by handlebars which control a sideways motion of the drive belt.

The tractor-cycle could easily be adapted for military use, as depicted on the cover of this issue by a Modern Mechanix artist. Fitted with a machine gun, the cycle could be used by dispatch riders or entire military units to travel over shell-torn terrain. "

[Source: Modern Machanix]

• Thanks 3