SASS Wire Forum

Watching NASCAR

Utah Bob #35998

Which I never do. Just waiting for the laundry to be done. But I wish my dirt driveway looked as good as that track in Bristol!

I still watch it! I dig that they have added the dirt race and the road courses!

I really like drag racing! That’s what I did for so many years and it was my first opportunity to travel that didn’t involve my day job, unless you count that I did it seven days a week and got paid!

I also sit up all night to watch IMSA endurance sports car races.

We like racing ourselves.

Here's a picture of Big Red and a couple of friends during our last race at the Daytona Track, last year.

Magazine Cover Ian in HERBIE on the Daytona 500 track .jpg

Howdy,

Chicago is having a go at Nascar in the streets.

The streets will be extra clogged for two weeks.

I wonder how many cars will get stripped by the hoods????

It could be very entertaining to watch this first Chicago street race.

I bet the cussing and complaining will be crazy.

Drive by shooting also possible.....

Best

CR

59 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Chicago is having a go at Nascar in the streets.

The streets will be extra clogged for two weeks.

I wonder how many cars will get stripped by the hoods????

It could be very entertaining to watch this first Chicago street race.

I bet the cussing and complaining will be crazy.

Drive by shooting also possible.....

Best

CR

During the pit stops, do they put new tires on or just leave the cars sitting on the concrete blocks?

I guess NASCAR is like golf.  You're either rabid about it or think it's dumb and totally ignore it (which I do).  

Speaking of car racing I enjoy F1, LeMans and IMSA, I just can't get into plastic cars making a never ending left turn while bumping into each other forcing the pace car to come out every three minutes.

I’ve gotten so’s I don’t care much for F1.  Yes! They’re futuristic, high tech, beyond state of the art creations, but they’re also fragile, finicky, and they don’t resemble anything that you’d expect to see on the street in the next hundred years.  Add to that, the racing has become, mostly, follow the leader with no fuel stops and the stupid DPS or whatever they call it where the car behind gets an advantage in aerodynamics over the one in front!!  Way too many outside controls and penalties.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the addition of more road coarse races and the dirt race have livened up NASCAR and the drivers who race there have proven to be as good as any drivers from any discipline.

Outside of drag racing, my real favorite is IMSA.  I DO wish that they would get rid of the BOP stuff and just set the construction rules and classifications and then let ‘em race!

Archived