SASS Wire Forum

Grumpy old farts with Guns

It’s the new way of things!!  

Truth means little!

If you must choose between telling the truth and offending someone, or telling a lie or half truth to placate them, the truth be damned!!

If the gooberment has a choice between meeting their obligations to the citizens and to those who have sacrificed for their nation or giving some illegal interloper or some fleeing terrorist supporter aid and comfort, they will invariably take care of those who they owe nothing!!

• Like 3

Ye might wanna’ throw a few more chips inta’ the stove thar!!

’Sgonna’ blow some colder fer the next few days!!

Thankye’!!  Thankye’ kindly!!

• Like 1

Mine burns logs up to 22 inches long ... and has shelves on each side to keep the coffee hot ...

And the buns warm on the other side...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

minus 10, wind chill of minus 32 makes me grumpy cold.   Especially when i have to take the furball outside to do his duty.  (Central Illinois Ice Age)

its not this cold in Alaska is it?!?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Howdy Rev. Willy

It's Now Warmed up to Minus 20 F. + a wind of 15 MPH...

Up here in Cow Country Alberta Canastan...

Where not even the Wind is Free...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some of my less hearty friends get out in the cold and they sound like caffeinated castanets!! :lol:

• Haha 4

Just short of a foot in places here, (officially 7.5” over Sunday through Tuesday) and expecting another inch or so of freezing rain around noon tomorrow.  Minus two degrees this morning and back in the single digits by Friday night.

We got out today and grabbed a few essentials and some meds that we were running low on.

HELL! I can hole up for a while now!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Got up to a balmy 30F here today. About a 1-2" snowfall overall. Still gonna be in the single digits at night the next couple days, so ugh...

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Blackwater, stay warm and Safe,,,,, Inside...

Jabez Cowboy

Yeah, man.  Don't risk freezing something off that you're still using....or might use again sometime down the road.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We DID see 28 degrees on the car’s dashboard thermometer on the way home, but it’s 17 now and I am home, warm, dry, and well fed!

Nigh onto bedtime, or at least time to head for the bedroom!

I hope that I’m setting the proper example for the rest of ya’s!!  <_<

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 1

10 F here at the moment and not snowing: Just a couple of 2X2 foot frozen chunks some shi dung for brains driveway plow man left in the mouth of my driveway for me to remove!

Thanks a lot A H !!

Have to have a talk with the neighbour about his plow service fellow.

Spent most of yesterday at the Pre-Op clinic getting ready for knee replacement on the end of the month.

A bit apprehensive about that.

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

10 F here at the moment and not snowing: Just a couple of 2X2 foot frozen chunks some shi dung for brains driveway plow man left in the mouth of my driveway for me to remove!

Thanks a lot A H !!

Have to have a talk with the neighbour about his plow service fellow.

Spent most of yesterday at the Pre-Op clinic getting ready for knee replacement on the end of the month.

A bit apprehensive about that.

Minus 10F here this morning after clearing 8 inches of snow yesterday!

Best wishes for a quick recovery on that knee. They seem to do those as a routine now, spect you'll be fine and glad you did. Can't beat reaching the age of needing replacement parts! Grump

• Thanks 1

Nursing my left side and shoulder after pulling some muscle fat chopping up and moving the frozen blocks the ^&^$(^$ dropped in my driveway.

Didn't feel it when I did it working.

I guess I am 80 and no longer 25 or 30.

Sigh!

Heating pad and Robax pills while I get ready for knee replacement.

Lottsa reading to do the surgery and things to get ready.

I cooked up and froze a lot of one pot meals for Big Red and I.

Sending me home after a one night stay in the body and fender shop and that has me a little apprehensive as Bid Red works long hours at the grocery store, so I'll be alone during the day.

No driving for a week or two and I'm taking delivery of a new AWD :(

• Thanks 2

Good thinkin’ there CLK!!  When you make it easier on those around you, they are usually more willing and able to help.

DO THE THERAPY, RELIGIOUSLY AND, WHERE POSSIBLE, AGGRESSIVELY!!

Tell the neighbor to straighten out his plow guy or you’ll see him and the plow guy in court!  He’s damaging your property and endangering your health.  Be diplomatic, but be firm.

We hope all goes well with the surgery and recovery and good luck with the new AWD!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GRUMP!

Knee replacement is off for 6+ weeks, due to an infection.

Ended up with an abscess, where you don't want an abscess. Now on a regime of antibiotics, 'cause the sawbones is too chicken to lance it! I'd do it myself if I could twist around that far!! it's that painful.

Finding the benefits of an inflatable rubber do-nut!:ph34r:

AND a tooth became loose while I was eating: Broken off at the root! Dentist wants to get it out immediately since his X-ray shows decay under the crown done, by his predecessor, a few decades ago. 

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

Now get off my snow covered lawn!!

And take that *&$$%$@ freezing rain with ya!!

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474
  • Sad 2

DON’T MESS AROUND WITH THAT INFECTION SH!T!!!

It nearly killed my ass at Thanksgiving of 2019!  Two months in the hospital and a rehabilitation facility!  Then almost another year trying to get my strength and stamina back!

I had to have fusion surgery on my neck and I am more subject to recurring infection for the foreseeable future!

I’ve since had to have surgery twice more when the MRSA decided to rear its ugly head again, without warning!!

INFECTION IS BAD JUJU!!

Get it cleared up completely before having any kind of surgery, especially when having implants and even more especially if there is any kind of metal involved!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will be praying and thinking of you Kid,that just sucks. Hang in there Pards.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 8:46 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Tell the neighbor to straighten out his plow guy or you’ll see him and the plow guy in court!  He’s damaging your property and endangering your health.  Be diplomatic, but be firm.

We hope all goes well with the surgery and recovery and good luck with the new AWD!!

Well, that must have been fun to watch, when my neighbour "Spoke" to the plow guys!

(As reported by another neighbour, who watched!)

(We've had a great relationship for the 12 years we've lived here. Sherron and I watched their kids grow into fine young boys.)

The lady of the house was busy tearing a strip off the the plow guy, in only the manner in which a Latina at full throttle can do!

Her husband came home and was a little calmer, but most "Emphatic" about the plow guys skills or lack thereof.

I didn't even have to mention it to them!

Good neighbours. All around me in fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1