SASS Wire Forum

Grumpy old farts with Guns

Blackwater.... Prayers up for your Mom's recovery and Schoolmarm's continued recovery. Glad to she was able to get out for her birthday. " Happy Birthday Schoolmarm"

Good Luck with that damn foot. For crying out loud!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had a great weekend with friends, family, and new neighbors.

My buddy brought his new rescue dog with him. All was good with my Rottie and the new dog until it wasn't!! Got my left hand  in the fracus:(. Front teeth peeled the meat off my middle finger from knuckle to knuckle across the top and down the left side.:blush: The bone and knuckle joint look just like the pictures at a doctor's  office! Top and bottom of last knuckle on middle and 4th finger! Self doctored with butterflies etc. Not looking too shabby today! Good color and feeling, emphasis on feeling!:o This is going to put a major burr in the ars of my shooting. GRUMP!

Got to shoot an HK MP5 with a binary trigger. That was fun :P . Ammo disappears!

Lesson learned; don't let your hand get caught in a dog fight!

Edited by Eyesa Horg
  • Like 1

Yep it is wise to keep your hands out of a dog Fight ...

Hope ya heal up just Fine, but for now ya got another reason ta be Grumpy....;)

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yup! When I stuck my hand in to grab her collar, they were facing away from me at about 1:00. As my hand was 4 inches from the collar they turned directly at me and wham!!! I do know better, but oh well.:lol: It's looking pretty good, but dang tender! GRUMP

• Like 1

Man, lotsa prayers going up for all of you. My back is crewed up today from hoisting too much stuff and Mollie, my youngest g'niece. She has discovered that Uncle Kevin has a shirt pocket so she stores her pacifier in there when she's not eating! So I'll [happily] grump about a semi-soggy shirt pocket!

• Like 2

Oh, forgot to add, my 11 year old g'nephew has started looking at CAS and wants to try it out next time he is at our place. Might have a new Buckaroo on my hands. He has been trying to figure out what his alias should be.

• Like 3

Mom was better yesterday!  She sounded much better and was conversive.  

She was able to get up and sit on the side of the bed to eat her lunch and her vital signs are improving.

The visit to the foot doctor this morning was good. The wound has shrunk by half from last week.

Now I have to fix breakfast and maybe slip out to the hardware store for a couple of things!!

Mild grump, I suppose.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Great news @Blackwater 53393!

11 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Great update Blackwater.

I dunno.

At this rate he soon won't have anything to GRUMP about.

Now get off my lawn!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I dunno.

At this rate he soon won't have anything to GRUMP about.

Now get off my lawn!

Okay, road trip to get on @Blackwater 53393's lawn!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Okay, road trip to get on @Blackwater 53393's lawn!

Sounds like a plan.

I'll bring some Moose Head beer, Beefeater Gin, Bacardi 8 Year Old Rum, Canadian Club and Grey Goose Vodka.

We meet where and when, so we can descend on him like the Mongol Hordes!

Hungry Mongol Hordes!

(Do we camp out on his lawn?)

winneconne-wi-15-march-2016-a-six-pack-of-moosehead-beer-FX69G1.jpg

Beefeater-gin33298251.webp

Bacardi 8 year old Rum .png

288563.jpg.thumb.1280.1280.jpg

Grey Goose Vodka beverages-2ARB711.jpg

mongol-attack-acrylic-illustration-260nw-1260947842.webp

• Haha 1

The Vodka sounds good!  Schoolmarm can show you how to use it!!

You can camp if you want to, but if you don’t pick up after yerselves, Hatfield is liable to make you regret it! “Leave it better than you found it!” is the rule!!

If you’re not real careful, the rabbits are subject to carry you off!  I’ve been trying to get a picture of one of ‘em that’s about a foot and a half tall, sitting on his haunches. That’s not counting his ears!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Swap out the Beefeaters for Sapphire or Tanqueray :lol:.

I saw this guy who is a bar liquor expert. He said people who drink vodka don't like the taste of it as much and you can fool more of them with different brands. Gin drinkers love the taste of their favorite gin and are much more able to taste it if you pour something other then their preferred brand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

I saw this guy who is a bar liquor expert. He said people who drink vodka don't like the taste of it as much and you can fool more of them with different brands. Gin drinkers love the taste of their favorite gin and are much more able to taste it if you pour something other then their preferred brand.

When I have a cocktail it's rare. Not sure I could tell if swapped out til the next morning! Cheap bottom shelf gives me a head ache, especially if I forget to take an aspirin before bed!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 3:13 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

Swap out the Beefeaters for Sapphire or Tanqueray :lol:.

chickenpuking.gif

facepalm_anim_test-04[1].gif

• Haha 1

LIKE  the taste of vodka!  I DON’T like the taste of gin or Scotch!  Gin reminds me of acetone or laquer thinner and Scotch is like kerosene.

I know it’s me cause I have had high dollar high quality Scotch and gin and I can’t make myself like either one! 

I DO like Irish whiskey!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

LIKE  the taste of vodka!  I DON’T like the taste of gin or Scotch!  Gin reminds me of acetone or laquer thinner and Scotch is like kerosene.

I know it’s me cause I have had high dollar high quality Scotch and gin and I can’t make myself like either one! 

I DO like Irish whiskey!

I'm the opposite, can't do whiskeys!!

• Like 1

Update on my mom.  She’s beginning to get out from under the pneumonia.  Breathing better and sounding better.

She’s responding to PT and eating much better.

Her bloodwork is still not up to par, but it too is improving.

NOW! If I could just get my brother and sister to let up on the nonstop texting and nattering about things that should be left alone, I could probably relax a little and take care of the important stuff, uninterrupted!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update and I'm gld it's a more positive one.  I was about to call you, but you saved me a nickel.

You could do what I do about texts:  I don't get and because I can't open them on my cell phone and I have never sent one in my life.

I use the phone for a phone.  Lots of people don't check their messages so I don't hear from them very often and a lot don't respond to emails.  It has uncluttered my life a considerable amount.

• Haha 1

Me ‘n’ Schoolmarm went up to see Mom this morning.  She’s doing much better. Enough so that they’re releasing her tomorrow.  Might be a little too early, but she’s going home with my sister, so she should continue to improve.

The foot doctor put me back in a cast this morning.  I was holding my own, but not improving. I ought to be back in fix in a couple of weeks.  So! It’s back on the scooter for now.

Schoolmarm made the trip fairly comfortably. We even did lunch at a great hibachi restaurant!

Ya’ win some. Ya’ lose some!

GRUMP!!  Cause I can!!

• Thanks 3

Bummer on that damn foot though. Keep hanging in there Pard. Maybe you need to try starting that old panhead just to have a good excuse! Now get off your lawn with that damn scooter.:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Bummer on that damn foot though. Keep hanging in there Pard. Maybe you need to try starting that old panhead just to have a good excuse! Now get off your lawn with that damn scooter.:lol:

I wish to hell that I still had that old panhead!!

I lost a good friend several years ago who was an absolute WIZARD with old Harleys and Indians.

He built pans and knuckles that ran like modern motorcycles. Easy to start and no leaks.  He converted most of them to belt drive primaries and sealed the engines and transmissions!

He rebuilt my shovelhead in 2001. The original engine case was cracked around the output shaft bearing, so we replaced the cases with a set of Delcron Nitro cases. We put a six speed conversion transmission in it and a late Evo primary chain drive with an Atlas clutch. The old scooter has seventy thousand miles on it and has NEVER leaked a drop!!

If I still had that old pan and he was still alive…

The motorcycle world lost a vast compendium of knowledge and information when Tom “Saucerhead” Fetz left it!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We're losing way too many of those guys these days. In all kinds of specialties. I rebuilt a BSA once that never leaked afterwards. Besides, Harley 's & Indians don't leak oil, they ooze class!!

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mom is at my brother’s for the week.  Doing better, but she still isn’t taking care of herself well enough.  

My sister and my brother are both micro-managing her and she’s rebelling.

Sister started a group text to keep everyone informed. :rolleyes: To this point there have been nearly 200 messages! Only six or seven from me.  The two of them are driving me nuts and I understand why Mom is frustrated.  

We have straightened up Mom’s finances and gotten her medication organized.  Most of the credit there goes to my sister.  She has the facilities and the time to handle those details.

I have handled the interaction with the medicos when they don’t provide the necessary treatment or when they don’t understand what my mom has going on.

Mom wants to get back to her place.  We have to get her to where she can and will do what it takes to make that happen and to maintain herself when she gets there.

I’m going to remain skeptical for the foreseeable future.

• Thanks 1