SASS Wire Forum

Biden Pushes 9mm Handgun Ban, Harris Wants to Ban Common Semi-autos

Charlie T Waite

If anyone was still questioning the Biden-Harris administration’s devotion to banning and confiscating law-abiding Americans’ firearms, all doubt was erased this weekend.

On May 31, President Joe Biden once again stated that he wants to ban 9mm firearms. Speaking with reporters outside the White House about a purported encounter with a “trauma doctor,” Biden stated,

They said a .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out — may be able to get it and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body.

So, the idea of these high-caliber weapons is, uh, there’s simply no rational basis for it in terms of self-protection, hunting. Remember, the Constitution was never absolute. You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed. You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weaponry.

Biden went on to say,

I can’t dictate this stuff. I can do the things that I’ve done.  And any executive action I can take, I’ll continue to take. But I can’t outlaw a weapon.

The implication of Biden’s statement is clear to anyone other than a “fact checker” more interested in defending the president than checking any facts. Biden wants to outlaw 9mm firearms – the vast majority of which are the common 9mm handgun. It should also be noted that the president’s statement about the legality of cannons is an utter lie that even the left-wing press won’t defend.

Observers can be certain that Biden wants to ban 9mm pistols because the president has touted this policy twice before.

During a July 21, 2021 CNN “presidential town hall,” Joe Biden expressed his support for a ban on commonly-owned handguns. Responding to a question about the recent increase in violent crime, the career politician stated,

I'm the only guy that ever got passed legislation, when I was a senator, to make sure we eliminated assault weapons. The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether -- whether it's a 9-millimeter pistol or whether it's a rifle, is ridiculous. I'm continuing to push to eliminate the sale of those things.

Of course, any semi-automatic firearm capable of accepting a detachable magazine has the “ability to fire” in the manner Biden deemed objectionable. Therefore, the president’s statement was a call to ban all semi-automatic handguns, rifles, and shotguns capable of accepting a detachable magazine.

A November 2019 article in the Seattle Times chronicled Biden’s attendance at a pair of high-dollar private fundraisers in the Emerald City. While speaking to attendees at one of the soirees, Biden reportedly asked attendees, “Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9mm bullets and can hold 10 or more rounds?”

As for confiscating such firearms, Biden had the following exchange with CNN’s Anderson Cooper when asked about firearm confiscation during an August 5, 2019 interview.

Cooper: So, to gun owners out there who say well a Biden administration means they are going to come for my guns.

Biden: Bingo! You’re right if you have an assault weapon.

As made clear from Biden’s July 21, 2021 and November 2019 statements, the president considers 9mm pistols to be “assault weapons” or “military-style weapons,” and thus these firearms are the target of his confiscation effort.

In targeting 9mm pistols, Biden has called for a ban on one of the most popular firearms in America. In its annual report on the U.S. firearms industry, Shooting Industry reported that 9mm caliber pistols are the most commonly produced pistol and have been for many years. In 2019 alone, there were more than 1.7 million 9mm pistols produced in the U.S. Cumulatively there are tens of millions of 9mm pistols in the hands of law-abiding Americans.

Not to be outdone, the even less popular half of the Biden-Harris administration called for a ban on commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms like the AR-15 over the weekend. Inappropriately referring to these firearms as “assault weapons,” on May 28, Vice President Kamala Harris told reporters, “let's have an assault weapons ban.” Harris also claimed, “An assault weapon is a weapon of war with no place, no place in a civil society.”

Harris has long advocated for banning and confiscating commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms.

At a campaign even in Londonderry, N.H. in September 2019, then-presidential candidate Harris told reporters that confiscation of commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms like the AR-15 was “a good idea.” Elaborating on her support for a compulsory “buyback” program, the senator added, “We have to work out the details -- there are a lot of details -- but I do…We have to take those guns off the streets.”

On the September 16, 2019 edition of the “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” Harris reiterated her support for gun confiscation. During a question and answer session, an audience member asked Harris “Do you believe in the mandatory buyback of quote-unquote assault weapons and whether or not you do, how does that idea not go against fundamentally the Second Amendment?”

The candidate responded “I do believe that we need to do buybacks.” Making clear that she believes Americans’ Second Amendment is for sale, Harris added, “A buyback program is a good idea. Now we need to do it the right way. And part of that has to be, you know, buy back and give people their value, the financial value.”

Further demonstrating Harris’s commitment to gun confiscation, the candidate called for a “mandatory buyback program” during an October 3, 2019 MSNBC gun control forum and again during a November 2019 interview with NBC Nightly News.

Political observers curious as to why gun rights supporters refuse to concede any ground to gun control advocates need look no further than the president and vice president’s statements. Both have made clear that their goal is to ban firearms and disarm law-abiding Americans. Aside from being ineffective, no intermediate concession is enough to satisfy those who oppose the fundamental right to keep and bear arms, but such concessions will encourage and facilitate their stated goal of civilian disarmament.

But yet everyone of them had dozens of semi autos surrounding them for protection. But not for the peasants. I might give up one of mine when they give up theirs.

It’s all about control!!

Them controlling the rest of us!!

I was born in Cuba and, while I was only 11 months old when my parents brought me here, I know from them, my aunts, uncles, and grandmother, what the system was like.

Fidel Castro had a saying: "Armas para que?", which translates to "Firearms for what reason"? Why would anyone want to be armed when the "government" is there to "protect" you?

Before long it was oppression in all respects.

An uncle kept a .22 revolver and some ammo buried in the yard. He did it at night, in haste, and when he went back for the pistol & ammo they were ruined. People who talk about hiding guns should take note. When you go get 'em, you're alone-even if the guns and ammo are still usable.

Another one of my uncles, and my grandfather, soon engaged in nightly excursions to, let's say, "cull the red varmints". My grandfather kept a S&W .38 snub, and a Colt 1911. Not sure what that uncle had.

That same uncle was almost executed in Che Guevara's prison but got out due someone pulling strings. Other family members were put into forced labor. I still remember my uncle saying how he had to eat basically dirty water "soup" with some rice filled with weevils. This was after a day of chopping sugar cane under the blazing sun, armed guards, and speakers blaring revolutionary crap non-stop.

A good family friend, a rancher, had everything taken from him. He loved his land and his horses and cows and other livestock. All of it taken.

He died of depression.

Of course, it was all for the "common good".

People in Cuba have had to use orange peels (if they can find an orange) to simulate a steak. Some who grow pigs tell the authorities their sow had let's say "6" piglets when they actually had seven. They keep that one under the house and eventually eat it. If someone tells on them, they can be put in prison or even be shot.

I remember the story (1980s or 1990s) of one man in prison who slightly burned his hands with chemicals on a cleaning duty just to get a couple of days away from the hell. The authorities found out and "cured" him by putting him under and when he woke, both arms were amputated at the elbows.

The scene from the film with Andie Garcia The Forgotten City, when they are leaving via the airport, is an almost exact representation of what my parents told me.

All this to say, if anyone thinks this administration and those who side with them will not do the same things, I have lakefront property to sell them on the moon.

We are dealing with people who detest liberty, who will stop at nothing, absolutely nothing, to gain and keep power, and they thoroughly relish in dominating others while inflicting pain, humiliation, and death.

None of this asinine "use a 22" for self defense crap is out of ignorance, stupidity, or anything other than calculated and deliberate misinformation. We are dealing with murderers who promote the slaughter of the pre-born in the tens of millions. They will not blink an eye at executions, imprisonment, torture, rape, etc.  This is not about a disagreement, it is about an attack.

We need to stop thinking these people are "stupid", that they don;t know what they are talking about... all of this is deliberate and calculated.

I took an oath to the Constitution of the United States of America when I became a citizen.

I took that oath a second time as a probationary Arizona Ranger.

I took it a third time when sworn in as a full Arizona Ranger.

I'm not going to betray it, back peddle from it, or in any way abandon it. That includes defend it against enemies foreign and domestic.

Those who are attacking must be considered domestic enemies, traitors, goons, and every other type of filth in existence.

God help us that we have lasting peace, but never at the cost of liberty!

As a Cuban patriot, Antonio Maseo said"

"La libertad no se pide; se conquista con el filo del machete!"

Translated:

"Liberty is not asked for, it is taken by the edge of the sword!"

A good documentary:

A good website:

https://therealcuba.com/

Braveheart098234.gif

17 minutes ago, Chuck Steak said:

...at least he isn't going after cowboy guns.

Give him time

40 minutes ago, Chuck Steak said:

Those who really think that way will be the reason if we end up with a ban on any kind of firearm!! 

ANY infringement on any kind of gun or accessory amounts to a loss of our rights!!  No matter what kind of gun is removed from our inventory of available firearms, it diminishes the Second Amendment and allows those who seek to take our freedom to take another step toward that goal!

I may not care for trap or skeet or the guns that are used, but I ABSOLUTELY OPPOSE any measure to remove or restrict access to those guns!!

ANY gun that is safe to use should be available to ANYONE who wants it so long as that individual is not prohibited from owning a firearm!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Those who really think that way will be the reason if we end up with a ban on any kind of firearm!! 

ANY infringement on any kind of gun or accessory amounts to a loss of our rights!!  No matter what kind of gun is removed from our inventory of available firearms, it diminishes the Second Amendment and allows those who seek to take our freedom to take another step toward that goal!

I may not care for trap or skeet or the guns that are used, but I ABSOLUTELY OPPOSE any measure to remove or restrict access to those guns!!

ANY gun that is safe to use should be available to ANYONE who wants it so long as that individual is not prohibited from owning a firearm!!

Indeed!

He's talking about only allowing .22s, so cowboy guns in anything but .22 caliber would be subject.

And it's a no brainer that even those would soon need to be registered, and later taken. Because right now, "at least they lodge in the lung", and later it would be "...because they lodge in the lung."

The point of these people is to take away any and all ability to stand against oppression. They will stop at nothing. And then, well, read about the "Red Terror" in the Soviet Union.

I like firearms, period: from match locks to the AR15 etc. And although I would really be fine just having a single action revolver, a lever rifle, and a side by side shotgun, there's no way I would accept those imps telling me or others that that's all I can own. Actually, I say if someone wants to own a fully automatic firearm, go right ahead. Same with a "short barrelled rifle", or sawed off shotgun, or suppressor. Since when do criminals say "Oh! Darn! That weapon is illegal, so never mind..."

And I hope none of us adopt the "I don't mind black rifles being outlawed because those were made to kill people", like the only reason firearms were invented, from the matchlock up, was to "hunt".

The whole reason for the 2nd Amendment was to be able to stand against enemies: invaders, domestic enemies, tyranny. Nothing to do with hunting.

And as far as some people trying to make an issue about the 2nd Amendment using the word "regulated", at that time and in the context, it meant functioning well/kept in proper order, like a well regulated watch. Absolutely nothing to do with being controlled.

2 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Let's hope he's running put of that;  rapidly.

I agree, but Sleepy Caesar is basically a puppet. The ones running the show ain't giving it up, or letting up. They have been playing the long game.

These are things that we must stand against, but also realize that no one but Jesus Christ will fix the world. As long as humans are running it, it's gonna be a ship of fools and despots.

Great book: Infiltration by Dr. Taylor Marshall.

On 6/4/2022 at 8:19 PM, Chuck Steak said:

I have three .357/9mm convertible Blackhawks. :blink:

9mm.jpg

Archived