SASS Wire Forum

Current Car Market

Doc Shapiro

32 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

So far the two Subarus I’ve had were the best cars I’ve ever owned in the last 50 years.

I have an Outback right now that’s been a great car . My wife loves it . Barring anything catastrophic happening I can see her wanting to replace it with another. 
I have a Ram truck “ it’s the first time I’ve ever owned a truck that wasn't a Chevy” and it has me thinking I should have switched years ago. 

this is an interesting thread , i could discuss that i had to buy mine , my brother was lend one and my sister was given one , i could discuss that working back when under the table was available at 13-14 but thats not helpful ...............ill second the suberu as i have experience recently with these , they are a great car that handles the weather well here 

One thing I noticed on new pickup trucks over last couple years and this year. Seems I see more and more parked in driveways and on streets. Very few fit in garages anymore. Neighbor down the road tried to get his slightly used Toyota into his garage he had just bought, put a nice dent into his roof of the Toyota.. 

My wife's niece traded her 2018 Jeep Wrangler in for a new Cadillac, they gave her 42,000.00 in trade in. Checking the dealer she traded with, I see they have her Jeep listed at 49,000.00.

My last 3 cars were Buicks, a Verano and this is my second Encore. Great cars no problems. I've always had good luck with GM. Fords not so much. I've had two Dodge Caravans that were also good vehicles no complaints. I had a Subaru a Legacy Wagon that I bought used. I had it for about a year but it was so low to the ground I got tired of crawling in and out of it. It was NOT the Outback or Forester it was the car version only a station wagon. It was a good car but I traded it in on a brand new 1998 Dodge Caravan. The salesman said "No one trades in their Subaru with this low mileage, 70K!!! Well....I did! :o

4 hours ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

One thing I noticed on new pickup trucks over last couple years and this year. Seems I see more and more parked in driveways and on streets. Very few fit in garages anymore. Neighbor down the road tried to get his slightly used Toyota into his garage he had just bought, put a nice dent into his roof of the Toyota.. 

My wife's niece traded her 2018 Jeep Wrangler in for a new Cadillac, they gave her 42,000.00 in trade in. Checking the dealer she traded with, I see they have her Jeep listed at 49,000.00.

Look at the size of an 80s pickup compared to new F150. But garages are the same size they’ve always been. 

40 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Look at the size of an 80s pickup compared to new F150. But garages are the same size they’ve always been. 

AND the truck beds are smaller!!

9 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Car dealers are gloating now….

They would not be gloating if people would simply stop pay stupid high prices for cars. ;)

Archived