SASS Wire Forum

Three Gun Sets

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

In another thread, Buckshot Bob said...

"Maybe if the gun industry insanity ends they will put out some SASS three gun sets."

Now, he was talking about how Ruger is now making Marlin rifles.   They also make popular revolvers.    I assume he was making a reference to Ruger making a kind of "Matched set" of a Marlin with a pair of Rugers with matching/consecutive serial numbers (or maybe something like SASS####R, SASS####P1, SASS####P2) or some other markings to indicate they were sold as a set.

I think this is a great idea.  

But, I personally am not interested in such a combo.  I am more of a Colt/Winchester guy.   Now, I don't think there is any way on God's Green Earth that those two companies would collaborate on such a set.    BUT, Uberti does make them all.   Perhaps one of the importers, Taylors, or Cimarron, could market such a combination for us.   A pair of their SAA clones and a copy of a Winchester 92 or 73.   Or even a Burgess or Lightning rifle if they market one.  

All that being said, maybe it would be worth it to work up a petition or something and contact Ruger/Taylors/Cimarron etc. and ask them if they'd consider marketing such a combination.  Nothing to lose but some effort, but perhaps a potentially interesting something to gain.

I think it would make sense other than the initial cost.

Everyone in our outfit shoots Ruger Vaquero revolvers and also mostly Marlin 1894 rifles and they are ALL in the same caliber.  

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Two Vaqueros, an 1894, and a quality double 12 gauge setup would be nice. 

How about a pair of Colts and a CZ Sharptail, they all belong to CZ now?

Imis

34 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

How about a pair of Colts and a CZ Sharptail, they all belong to CZ now?

Imis

Unless things change, a pair of Colts is just a bit pricey for my budget.

But a set of sturdy Rugers, a JM quality Marlin, and a Ruger quality double barrel shotgun would be a nice option for people getting into the game.

6 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Unless things change, a pair of Colts is just a bit pricey for my budget.

But a set of sturdy Rugers, a JM quality Marlin, and a Ruger quality double barrel shotgun would be a nice option for people getting into the game.

I had forgotten about the Ruger double barrels, they were nice.

Imis

i would consider a set of Ruger Vaquero revolvers and Marlin 1894 rifle ALL. in the same caliber. , as it is i bought a set of EMF GWII revolvers and a vintage Marlin 94 in 38/357 a couple years back 

Archived