SASS Wire Forum

"I'll Take it!" Or maybe not

Dusty Morningwood

Is it too much to expect a pard to communicate with you after they say "I'll take it!" for something you're selling?  I understand that people have lives and crap happens.  But then just going dark and leaving a guy twisting in the wind when other offers might be made?  Nine days and counting since the "I'll take it," and I'm still not sure if it's took.:huh:

I saw the thread you are referencing and took a look at the history of that member. He seems to have bought a lot of items with no history of problems showing in the threads I saw.

Just to make certain it is not on your end, double-check the email address you sent to per the buyers request, and send another eMail. And PM if he has PMs enabled... Even if you goobered his address, he should still have followed up again (I would have).

Anyway, mainly posting to say I took a quick look and did not see a problem history with this member. 

Since you already documented the loss of communication in the Classified thread, my best advice is to reach out again, document that in the thread, give it a few more days, and then make the item available again.

I can only copy and paste emails I am sent.  PMs getting no response.  If there is a problem, it's no real big deal with me.  I just like to know what's going on. Hope buyer isn't bent out of shape with communications, but it's not too much to ask for replies to email or PMs.

I had a guy post an I'll take it.  I messaged him, and never received a response.  Four days later, I messaged again and asked if he still wanted the item.  The next day, I received a money order in the mail, and two days later her replied via PM.

Not everybody does that there electronic communication as well as others do.

If you gave him your email address have you checked your Spam or Junk Mail folder?

I came very close to letting a guy have it over a similar situation only to find his emails were in my Spam folder and he was as frustrated as I was as I was responding. 

Just a thought. 

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If you gave him your email address have you checked your Spam or Junk Mail folder?

I came very close to letting a guy have it over a similar situation only to find his emails were in my Spam folder and he was as frustrated as I was as I was responding. 

Just a thought. 

Not in SPAM. I check that daily, as I am getting more emails from people not on my list.

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I had a guy post an I'll take it.  I messaged him, and never received a response.  Four days later, I messaged again and asked if he still wanted the item.  The next day, I received a money order in the mail, and two days later her replied via PM.

Not everybody does that there electronic communication as well as others do.

Well, could be the case. Hoping it is the case. Maybe the check IS in the mail. Maybe I am jaded from having been in a field where lightening fast electronic communications were the norm. But in the past I have had a deal on here evaporate into thin air. No big deal.

Sometimes it goes both ways.

Found a rig for my wife, right size, right holsters, right price.

Posted an "I'll take it" immediately at the listed price on this forum.

Two hours later seller posted "sold" to someone that had apparently called wanting more information from an hour earlier. No "I'll take it" or offer on this forum anyway.

Electronic communications sometimes leave much to be desired I guess.

Thought about sending a PM to see what had happened about my first offer.

Decided not to after several others posted congratulating the buyer on his good deal.

Thinking if someone is going to say "first I'll take it on this forum gets it" seems pretty self explanatory on both parties.

Waiting for the next rig to come up now.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Maybe that is why I never use First I'll Take It gets it. Sometimes a PM comes in before someone posts in the thread. I go by time stamps as a rule, just to be as fair as I can.

Howdy,

I would just pick a day and time at which his deal is off.

Contact the buyer about the deadline.

The classifieds are pretty wide open about how deals work.

Mark that deal cancelled and post a fresh one unless you have

a second buyer set.

this is supposed to be a fun hobby and not some sort of business.

We dont need some ten page single spaced contract.

Best

CR

Chili Ron.  I'm Saul Goodman now.  Buyer was having tech issues and now all is right with the world.  Did not mean to cast the Pard in a bad light.  I thought maybe something had happened to him.

No need for further comment. Been in contact with buyer and all is well.

Archived