I have these for my military rifles:

677184725_Bayodisplay-3.thumb.jpg.22766ff0c4c6a1037452ce9a99e87dc3.jpg

In the collection are bayonets for:

• Trapdoor Springfield
  • 1873 Winchester Musket (2)
  • Krag
  • 1917 Enfield
  • 1903 Springfield (RIA 1917 16 inch)
  • 1903 Springfield / M1 Garand (1942 UFH 16 inch "untouched")
  • M1 Garand (1942 UFH "cut down spear point"
  • M1 Garand (United Cutlery)
  • M1 Garand (AFH) << I bought this one for $0.50 back in the 60's! 
  • M1941 Johnson (repro)
  • M1 Carbine (2 USM4's)
  • M1 Garand (USM5)

There are five other knives shown:

• Confederate Bowie (handmade repro)
  • Fairbairn-Sykes
  • Colonial Jackknife (WWII military issue)
  • Kukri
  • USN Mk 2

like you i always went looking for the ones that fit mine as well -

mikes photos - 3 035.JPG

mikes photos - 2 001.JPG

mikes photos - 2 004.JPG

mikes photos - 2 007.JPG

13 minutes ago, watab kid said:

like you i always went looking for the ones that fit mine as well -

mikes photos - 2 001.JPG

The middle one... Swiss 1914?  About eighth grade I bought one in similar condition from the local surplus store for a whopping $5.  

A few weeks later a buddy's brother admired it, so I said "Oh heck.  Take it home.  It's yours."

Wish I still had it.   

On 12/7/2020 at 1:11 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Nice pics of many pointy things here

Thanks for that link. I've got several pointy thingys that my dad left me after he passed, for his M1917 and Garand. I've also got ones to fit my M1 Carbine and M16A1. Problem is I never researched them so I really don't have a clue what I've got or what they're worth. I do know they're all original though, as my dad sourced them in the 1960s.

7 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Thanks for that link. I've got several pointy thingys that my dad left me after he passed, for his M1917 and Garand. I've also got ones to fit my M1 Carbine and M16A1. Problem is I never researched them so I really don't have a clue what I've got or what they're worth. I do know they're all original though, as my dad sourced them in the 1960s.

Send me some pics. Try to include the markings. Sixshooterbob@hotmail.com

Well poop.

Tried to order a "pointy thing" from CMP and my order was refused - seems they can't sell me one until I prove that I'm a citizen.  :wacko:

Dang... I've been a citizen since my arrival back during the Truman administration!  :(

10 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Well poop.

Tried to order a "pointy thing" from CMP and my order was refused - seems they can't sell me one until I prove that I'm a citizen.  :wacko:

Dang... I've been a citizen since my arrival back during the Truman administration!  :(

even to order supplies gotta have CMP account with all the stuff prove you can

• 1 month later...

Well, back in December, with the help of a couple of really nice ladies at the CMP I successfully re-established my existence with the organization.

So, on January 01, I placed an order for a "Pointy Thing."  Specifically, one "M5A1 Bayonet & M8A1 scabbardsused/serviceable."  And received an almost immediate confirmation.

I didn't expect a quick delivery.  But today, one month later, I decided to check the status of my order.  "Status:  Processing."

Hm.  Okay... so on a whim I decided to check - and they don't even list 'em anymore.  

Doh!!  :wacko:

Dang! I got my bayonet from UB, opened it in Christmas and forgot to post a darn thing about here. Now I have one paw so I cannot take a photo with it fixed on my Garand...ever remove a bayonet from its scabbard one handed?

Anyway, here it is. Thank you again Utah Bob. :)

BE3FB436-C099-4E34-B60E-A75AC76C176E.thumb.jpeg.c8b3e799f780c376892ccba38d853fc4.jpeg

D9C89F2E-0E12-48F9-9E18-DBA83B22ED1F.thumb.jpeg.815c0dc972156fefa5682ed25950e241.jpeg

ADAEC3CC-BA58-4B49-BE95-29550574CF0D.thumb.jpeg.f68932cac5a504aa6ba1feb1f48eef04.jpeg

D6DCF983-4E46-483A-8E0B-219BE2F51B67.thumb.jpeg.02bf891cdaa42af88e2a0d57b5bcfb44.jpeg

Sorry you are having a hard time Hardpan. :(

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Well, back in December, with the help of a couple of really nice ladies at the CMP I successfully re-established my existence with the organization.

So, on January 01, I placed an order for a "Pointy Thing."  Specifically, one "M5A1 Bayonet & M8A1 scabbardsused/serviceable."  And received an almost immediate confirmation.

I didn't expect a quick delivery.  But today, one month later, I decided to check the status of my order.  "Status:  Processing."

Hm.  Okay... so on a whim I decided to check - and they don't even list 'em anymore.  

Be patient I ordered my Garand and few days after I sent my paperwork in it was listed as sold out 2 months and it showed up. Took 6-8 weeks to get bayonet in.

10 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Be patient I ordered my Garand and few days after I sent my paperwork in it was listed as sold out 2 months and it showed up. Took 6-8 weeks to get bayonet in.

I yam nothing if not patient.  :rolleyes:

'Specially after almost a year of "Pandemic House Arrest!"  ^_^

On 12/8/2020 at 6:12 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So it'll look like this?  :)

(Disclaimer ~ this is a replica.  It was actually pretty darned inexpensive.  Bayonet, that is... not the rifle! ^_^)

893995480_RodSpringfield.thumb.jpg.7f01a81e50a4d565ea530bc7639ab61e.jpg

Is that a Minute Man? Thanks to Bob, I just learned why my issue M5 had that sneaky little release on the handle, and not the push button. Thanks Bob. 

7 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I have a appointment to go to the north store on the 18th . Hopefully pick up a Garand or two and some pointy things to go with them . I’ve heard if you’re really lucky sometimes they even have ammo 

Archived