SASS Wire Forum

Wolf Shotgun Primers

Flatwater Monte

In this time of reloading fodder famine, I wanted to share with you all that ammunitionstore.com has wolf shotgun primers in stock. I cannot attest to how well these work, as I've never reloaded with them, but for any of you shooters that are staring at an empty reloading shelf, this might get you through until domestic production catches up. 

https://ammunitionstore.com/categories/reloading/primers.html

ammunitionstore.com

38 Special Ammo 125gr TMJ Speer Lawman (53733) 50 Round Box

MSRP:

Our Price:  $65.99          
Vendor:
Brand:  Speer

Availability:  This product is in stock.

That must be some special ammo.

18 minutes ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

ammunitionstore.com

38 Special Ammo 125gr TMJ Speer Lawman (53733) 50 Round Box

MSRP:

Our Price:  $65.99          
Vendor:
Brand:  Speer

Availability:  This product is in stock.

That must be some special ammo.

????? What does that have to do with my original post? 

That store happens to be local for me and I used Wolf primers for my first two years in SASS. Reputable company and primers never failed to go bang.

I have used them many times .

They Always go bang ! 

So saith the Rooster 

Thanks for posting this Flatwater Monte. I just ordered a case. I've used Wolfe primers before with success but this will be the first with 209 shotgun primers. 

• 3 weeks later...

What would the compatibility be?   At the low power charges used for CAS does it really matter that much?  

I've only used Win-209 primers but those are now just a memory for now.

All I have left  is a couple cards of CCI-209 and a couple cards of CCI-109 primers.  I'd never even heard of CC1-109 before getting them from a buddy who doesn't reload any more.    Looking at load data charts from Hogdons, the CCI primers create lower pressure in like loads using the same wad and shot load so I dont think there should be much concern - but I am hesitant to reload the CCI-109 primers into the same recipe that I've been using since I haven't found any reloading data that mentions 109 primers.  They look the same as 209 primers just in a slightly different colored box.

1 hour ago, Chuck Steak said:

I am hesitant to reload the CCI-109 primers into the same recipe that I've been using since I haven't found any reloading data that mentions 109 primers.  They look the same as 209 primers just in a slightly different colored box.

I was curious, so  did some googling.

The CCI-109s are "obsolete" (I read that as no longer produced) and have the same ballistics as  CCI-209s. The difference is the 109s are nickel plated.

Run your own search since I am not an expert, but sounds like you should be able to compare to any CCI-209 recipes, and those to your Win-209 recipe.

Archived