Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alpo

Ever hear of TRANSFORMCO?

Recommended Posts

Got an email from them telling me that they had bought Sears/Kmart/Kenmore/Die hard/and a couple of other Sears brand names.

 

Wanted me to review their privacy policy and see how it differed from Sears.

 

Curious if this is legit or if it's a scam of some sort.

 

I have no intention of clicking on anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the lighter note....I always error on the side of caution when it concerns anything with TRANSFORM(co/er) in its name. :P

 

image.png.ffd0bce19f4117c87648f53b3214aa32.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Got an email from them telling me that they had bought Sears/Kmart/Kenmore/Die hard/and a couple of other Sears brand names.

 

Wanted me to review their privacy policy and see how it differed from Sears.

 

Curious if this is legit or if it's a scam of some sort.

 

I have no intention of clicking on anything.

 

I wouldn't trust it. Why would they care if anyone did or didn't like their policy. Seems odd that they want you to give up YOUR privacy. I'll bet it it's some scam or phishing expedition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DO NOT DO IT !!

IT IS A SCAM.

Contacted you by email, huh?  Red flag #1.

Have they hired you to do it?

Are you an attorney, qualified to review legal statements, policy and procedure?

As soon as you go to their site and dig in, they’ll begin asking for personal information.

YES! IT IS A SCAM!

 

Even if it’s not a scam (but, it is) get a contract from them and an up-front payment.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here I thought I was paranoid.

 

Anytime you sign up with anybody to do anything, they tell you their privacy policy. Credit card company, buy something from Amazon, received news letter in the mail - doesn't matter. They have a privacy policy saying what they can and cannot tell people about you.

 

I have bought stuff from Sears online in the past. Therefore they have information about me, and I had to review their privacy policy so that I would know what they could and could not say to other people about me.

 

If these people have in fact bought Sears, then they have their customer list which includes me. Sending me an email to say that they have changed some things in the privacy policy and I should review it to see what has been changed is normal business practice.

 

I just wanted to know if they had actually bought Sears. Which was answered.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Alpo said:

And here I thought I was paranoid.

 

Anytime you sign up with anybody to do anything, they tell you their privacy policy. Credit card company, buy something from Amazon, received news letter in the mail - doesn't matter. They have a privacy policy saying what they can and cannot tell people about you.

 

I have bought stuff from Sears online in the past. Therefore they have information about me, and I had to review their privacy policy so that I would know what they could and could not say to other people about me.

 

If these people have in fact bought Sears, then they have their customer list which includes me. Sending me an email to say that they have changed some things in the privacy policy and I should review it to see what has been changed is normal business practice.

 

I just wanted to know if they had actually bought Sears. Which was answered.


Alpo, your topic says that they asked you to look over their privacy policy and determine differences. I took that to mean that they wanted you to do a legal review and point out the differences to them.
 

So, in that perspective, it is a scam.  Once again, in that light, it is no different than any other scam nonsense aimed at thousands of others who they think are stupid.
 

I’m not paranoid, but it’s obvious there’s a boatload of people out there who are “out to get you,” by getting into your pocket, or collecting information on you, which is essentially the same thing.

 

The Suspicious Cat Brules:excl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI -

Description

Transform Holdco LLC is an American privately held company formed on February 11, 2019, to acquire some of the assets of Sears Holdings Corporation. The new company is owned by Edward Lampert's ESL Investments hedge fund of Greenwich, Connecticut. Wikipedia
Headquarters: Hoffman Estates, IL
Owner: ESL Investments
Number of employees: 45,000 (2019)
Revenue: 3.9 billion USD (2018)
Founder: Eddie Lampert
Founded: February 11, 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the e-mail also. Looks like standard corporate CYA language.

 

Dear Valued Customer,

On February 11, 2019, Transformco purchased substantially all of the Sears Holdings assets*. As part of that sale, Transformco acquired Sears Holdings’ customer information, including personally identifiable information.

At Transformco, we want to ensure that you know that your privacy is important to us, and that our privacy policy is just as protective of your privacy as the Sears Holdings policy.

At Transformco, we constantly look for new and innovative ways to improve your shopping experience online and in stores. To reflect these improvements, we are making changes to our Privacy Policy.

We encourage you to review the policy in its entirety, but we would like to highlight a few key changes for your review:

  • We provided greater detail on the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use that information, and
  • We updated the Privacy Policy to address the rights afforded to California residents under the new California Consumer Privacy Act.

The policy can be viewed by clicking on this link: https://transformco.com/privacy

*Brands and assets acquired include Sears, Kmart, Shop Your Way, Kenmore, Diehard, Sears Auto Center, and Sears Home Services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really doesn't matter anyway. I'll bet $20 that there won't be a Sears or Kmart left in the country by the end of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Really doesn't matter anyway. I'll bet $20 that there won't be a Sears or Kmart left in the country by the end of the year.

Are there any left now? Kmart folded eons ago and Sears has been gone for several years in my area. Both used to have a huge presence here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sears was in the mall. Michael (October of 18) blew the mall down. Sears never came back.

 

Kmart has been gone about five years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.