SASS Wire Forum

Mernickle Holsters

irish ike, SASS #43615

Most of you are aware that Howling Wolf and Family bought Mernickle Holsters. We had our annual match this weekend, ROOP County Days. They brought out a trailer full of leather goodies for sale. If they didn't have it there they patiently listened to their customer and came up with a solution and took the order.

WhIle there, shooters brought rigs that needed some fixin. Howling Wolf would take it home at the end of the day and come back with it repaired for the next days shoot. They're located about 6 miles from our range.

For me, I had my right shoulder joint replaced. I can't draw a pistol comfortably with the new geometry of the joint. Howling Wolf had the same replacement and he said, ' I have a solution for you'. He brought out his rig. It had a dropped strong side holster, and a cross draw that stood away from my overhanging gut. Looks like I'll have a comfortable shooting rig in the near future.

Howling Wolf, Diamond, and ? (forgot your alias), thanks for coming out, helping us all, and also shooting in the match.

Ike

Howlin' Wolf was not only a generous sponsor of our event but, as Ike says, was on site for the entire event returning each morning with repaired/refreshed items so shooters could shoot their best. I was the beneficiary of that customer service as he took my shot shell belt and re-sewed a portion to make it a little more convenient for me. It was a game changer and I had my best match in quite a while. If he could, he took care of things right on site. Class act all the way around.

IMG_20190912_163313-1.jpg

Here's my new Mernickle rig. They do a great job customizing any of their standard rigs to your specific needs.  This is my third rig from them--my first was a BW rig, then I ordered a pretty standard HP (high performance)  rig a year later and just received this blinged-out HP  rig.  I ordered (on the advice of Major BS Walker) two strong side plus a crossdraw holster with each of my HP rigs.  This new leather is every bit as fine as my prior purchases, so the new ownership is clearly carrying on the Mernickle tradition. 

20190906_131610.jpg

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

These are the kindness words we could ever receive. We love doing this, and i work hard to ensure everyone gets the same great product they come to expect. It very nice that we are recognized in such a kind way.  ROOP county days was a blast and we enjoyed every minute of it.  (Best food for a banquet ever).  

Thanks all

Howlin Wolf, Diamond Blaze and IVY WILD :)

Even with the garbage rate of the Aussie dollar and the cost of shipping down here all my rigs are Mernickle and I even have two dress belts winging their way Down Under as I type.

I bought my main rig (a Quick Cal) about 4 years and its still going strong.

Great gear and even nicer people.

Archived