SASS Wire Forum

Lasso the bad guy.

Raylan

Local DFW radio said the Cowboy was working in the 7-Eleven as an unarmed security guard to prevent shoplifting but none of the print stories have called him anything other than a clerk. The Dallas Police Chief did make a statement that he should have let the police handle it rather than confront the robber.

He didn't have an actual lasso but after getting into an altercation with the would be robber he managed to grab a piece of rope or cord and used it to hog tie the idiot.   The idiot did however manage to stab the guy in the back several times with the screwdriver but none of the wounds were serious.

Short video clip of a very uncomfortable robber.

1 hour ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Is a screwdriver a common stick up weapon?  Why did he have his lasso in the seven eleven?  Was he waiting for the chance to imitate this guy who was on horseback?  https://www.nbcnews.com/video/man-on-horseback-lassos-alleged-bike-thief-703476803825

Respect for lassoing the criminal.  

Actually a screwdriver is a fairly common weapon, especially with felons and other dirtbags. Generally there's no charge for carrying a concealed screwdriver (unless because of the circumstances it's considered a burglary tool) whereas carrying a knife or firearm can get you locked up.

I believe robbery to be a stepping stone crime. I believe on the 2nd robbery, at conviction the sentence should be a mandatory 3 years of hard labor in a prison just for robbers. The sentence should culminate in tattooing of the forehead with the word “Robber”.

I believe that if prisons were segregated by crime that morons that commit “stepping stone” crimes couldn’t network and build “street cred”. Of course that would somehow be inhumane to some members of society, I’m sure.

9 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Local DFW radio said the Cowboy was working in the 7-Eleven as an unarmed security guard to prevent shoplifting but none of the print stories have called him anything other than a clerk. The Dallas Police Chief did make a statement that he should have let the police handle it rather than confront the robber.

He didn't have an actual lasso but after getting into an altercation with the would be robber he managed to grab a piece of rope or cord and used it to hog tie the idiot.   The idiot did however manage to stab the guy in the back several times with the screwdriver but none of the wounds were serious.

Short video clip of a very uncomfortable robber.

I couldn't tell, but was the perp tied by his two wrists and one leg?  And if so, did the security cameras tell how quickly before the cowboy raised both hands in the air! :lol:  Does the cowboy normally tuck a couple of "piggin" strings under his belt? ;)

Archived