SASS Wire Forum

Ya remember that limited run of Ruger .44 spl Vaqueros...

I've been casually looking for another stainless 4 5/8"er for a few years and one came up on Gunbroker ten days ago. Used, some very minor scratches, no box, papers, etc. Starting bid, $429. I figured I'd go maybe as high as $650...

:lol:

It ended a couple hours ago @ $847 + $35 estimated shipping + FFL fees, so something over $900, bottom line. :blink: And that was a proxy bid, so the winner's bid was even higher than that.  :blink:  :blink:

Instead of looking for another one, maybe I should be selling the ones I have. ;)

Howdy,

If ya gits a blue yu kin tell em apart easy.

Ive always been partial to mixed as I like the contrast.

Good luck finding one, if you ever need a long barrel 44,

I do have one Im not using....

Best

CR

12 hours ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

If ya come across a 4 5/8" stainless one, keep me in mind. ;)

I have an old model 357 Vaquero Bisley in 5.5" stainless, that would like to have a twin brother.
From what I read, there was only a few thousand of those manufactured, so it might be quite an ordeal finding one.

I'm specifically seeking a 4 5/8" stainless .44 special, model #05147, catalog #KNV-44S. I have five, but that doesn't work for me, because it's one short of three sets of two, or two sets with a backup for each set. ;)

On the bright side, I bought another 6 1/2" .357 unconverted 3 screw Blackhawk this afternoon for a decent price. 1967 vintage. :)

On 6/19/2019 at 7:35 PM, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I've been casually looking for another stainless 4 5/8"er for a few years and one came up on Gunbroker ten days ago. Used, some very minor scratches, no box, papers, etc. Starting bid, $429. I figured I'd go maybe as high as $650...

:lol:

It ended a couple hours ago @ $847 + $35 estimated shipping + FFL fees, so something over $900, bottom line. :blink: And that was a proxy bid, so the winner's bid was even higher than that.  :blink:  :blink:

Instead of looking for another one, maybe I should be selling the ones I have. ;)

I bid that exact gun you're talkin about up to 750. Was a little relieved and a little disappointed when the bid went higher. I'm in the same boat I've got a pair of 44 specials would kind of like to have at least one if not two more. I just can't understand why Ruger won't bring those back out

2 hours ago, Darren Horsey said:

I bid that exact gun you're talkin about up to 750. Was a little relieved and a little disappointed when the bid went higher. I'm in the same boat I've got a pair of 44 specials would kind of like to have at least one if not two more. I just can't understand why Ruger won't bring those back out

Because the vast majority of people who want a .44 want a .44 magnum, not a dedicated .44 special. Ruger would never have tried marketing such a thing, but Lipsey's commissioned ~500 in each of four different configurations in 2010 and 2011 - 3 1/2" blue (510), 3 1/2" stainless (510), 4 5/8" blue (500), and 4 5/8" stainless (503). My first pair came from a place in Texas in February of 2013. They said they had them for a couple years and couldn't get rid of them. The third one came from a place in Arizona later the same year, but with the same story - had it for a couple years and couldn't get rid of it. The last pair came from a former cowboy shooter selling his stuff off at the Montana state championship two years ago, and it turned out he lived in East Helena, only five miles from me. :)

Archived