SASS Wire Forum

Spring?

Subdeacon Joe

Texas weather - We went from winter to summer in one week which gave no time to acclimate to the warmer, more humid days. For several weeks had the a/c on during the day and heat on at night.  Felt like 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity yesterday.

I heard yesterday that Mammoth mountain in California will be open for SNOW skiing until AUGUST!!!  What spring, or summer for that matter.......

https://ktla.com/2019/05/24/mammoth-mountain-records-snowiest-may-on-record-and-theres-a-full-week-left-in-the-month/

It has been mild here in SoCal but we have been getting rain. Really odd for May, in my memory at least. It’s supposed to rain today and stay in the mid 60’s. Yesterday was perfect. Cloudy in the AM so I could wash my bike and not get sun dried hard water spots and at 11:00 the marine layer burned off and made for a wonderful 70 degree sunny day. 

I hopped on my bike and did 2 loops of the Pacific Coast Highway from Huntington Beach to Laguna Beach.

Tip for washing cars and bikes with hard water. As soon as you rinse the soap off with the hose grab a spray bottle filled with distilled water and mist the bike or car down with it good then dry. It helps, believe me. Compressed air drying helps too.

45 minutes ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

Texas weather - We went from winter to summer in one week which gave no time to acclimate to the warmer, more humid days. For several weeks had the a/c on during the day and heat on at night.  Felt like 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity yesterday.

Sounds like what we’re going through in North East Ohio!! 90 degrees yesterday, 70 today and very humid!! Two days ago my furnace kicked on  it was in the 40’s at night!

Sounds like us up here in Canada Rye.

A/C on during the day.

Furnace on at night.

Mount Laguna, San Diego, got some snow Thursday night.
Today, here in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County it's 55 degrees at 10 a.m. and we are getting a light rain.  Average for this date is 78.  Today we might break 60.  Record high is 98.

Well Subdeacon, you can keep that 98 degree weather. I'd rather have the cold.

Low to mid 70's is good for me although I was out in a T and shorts today at 67 and 68 and found it comfortable after our winter.

7 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Well Subdeacon, you can keep that 98 degree weather. I'd rather have the cold.

Low to mid 70's is good for me although I was out in a T and shorts today at 67 and 68 and found it comfortable after our winter.

Same here.  I like it mid- or low 60s.  A couple of days ago I took our toy poodle out for her evening constitutional.  Temperature was in the low 60s.  Swim trunks and cheap Wal-Mart crocs, no shirt.  Ended up talking for about 20 minutes with a lady in her mid-80s.  After a few minutes she asked, "Aren't you cold?  No...you must not be."  Even though I grew up in San Diego county I don't like it much above 70.

Archived