SASS Wire Forum

Tracking a package...

Well, I'll be danged ~ it arrived!   surprised.gif

All that, and it's only a 7 X 9 envelope, albeit a slightly heavy envelope at a bit under 13 ounces - thanks to a half pound of Cerrosafe.

Gee... only two weeks - of which three days were spent in transit and 11 days were laagered in Kansas City.   :wacko:

I can just hear Ulysses Everett Magill right now, commenting on Kansas City:  "Well ain't this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere!"  ^_^

Must be where Dapper Dan Pomade was made... or at least shipped from!  

The package that I received has been delivered to the address that it shipped from.

Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 11:08 am on December 26, 2018 in PUEBLO, CO 81003.

Tracking Number: 9590940245578278878092

Delivered, In/At Mailbox

<Latest Displayable Event Description>

UPS a package to overseas for the daughter.  Close to $100 for the shipping for $50 worth of items.  A month later tracking has it still sitting at the local UPS hub.  I file a claim for the "lost" package.  Three or four weeks later UPS sends me a $50 check!  This time I call them, how about the $100 I paid for shipping?  "Oh.  Do I want to to file a claim for that too?"  :blink:  I finally did what I should have done first, I said something to the UPS Driver at work.  Two days later the work UPS driver handed me my opened package.  It had been setting at the local UPS terminal the entire time.  Handiwipes weren't available where she was so we through in a bunch in the package.  Handiwipes have alcohol them and can't go by air.

Then there is the order check box on what delivery method you want.  I check UPS.  UPS doesn't delivery to a PO so I use work's street address.  Tracking is very good, I see the order arriving and leaving from location to location to the Syracuse PO?!?!?  Package is marked by "Undeliverable" by the PO because in Town they deliver only by PO Box.

Then there is the good old USPS.  We built a new house and I stopped at the local PO and asked, "New Paris or Syracuse will be the PO".  New Paris I'm told.  We have customers in the same area and they have Syracuse as their PO.  So I mail a letter to myself using 'New Paris' and my sister's address as the return address.  My letter was return as "Undeliverable".  Another trip to the local PO, explain what happen and without even a blink the "Post Master" said it was a computer error, my PO is Syracuse.

Love USPS tracking.  Two days after the package was delivered I get a email stating that it was delivered.

Mine showed up yesterday also. Only 6 days late.

On 12/26/2018 at 9:37 AM, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Hey, my package is in San Leandro (30 miles from me) so I might get it after all! Even though the " estimated date of arrival" still says Friday the 21st!

These days that is a 3 hour round trip on the Numbwits freeway.

Amazon is expanding their delivery service and hiring new folks all the time. When they first got to delivering in my area,the driver would take a picture of the package and I could find where he left it.  Millennials being what they are, the driver found that it was faster if he clicked the button “package personally handed to a resident.”

he did that 3 times, and I looked for “help” on the amazon site.  I got to chat with some Indians.  I thought that would be a dead end but I told him I had to walk around the property with a flashlight to find my packages.  He said thank you and gave me a $5 credit on my account.

Archived