SASS Wire Forum

Uberti 66 straight trigger

Goody, SASS #26190

Anybody else tried one of these? Saw some talk on Facebook about these. So I got in touch with Cowboy Guns in New Boston and ordered one. The mailed it for less than $50 total. Easy to follow instructions, had it swapped out in less than 5 minutes. It will take some getting used to as the trigger now sits right in the mile of the trigger guard. But I can tell that it is a big improvement. Just was wondering if anyone else has had the same results?

Tried them from Big Iron Buster/Ol #4.

I am too old and indoctrinated to my curved triggers and could not make the switch. Took them back out. Nothing wrong with them, problem was my timing and just could not get the hang  of where the trigger was in relation to where it was on my other rifles.

Others I know have had good experience adjusting, some have not.

Glad you like yours.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I put one in my 73 after fighting the ugliness and I won't ever go back. IMHO it depends on yer' style. All SASS shooter's don't shoot the same way so you will get different answers.....different correct answers. 

If you are a trigger slapper you probably will benefit. That said gettin' the trigger farther forward in a 73 and using the lever safety as a crutch or even the shot breaker isn't the same as getting it forward in a 66 with NO lever safety......I'd have some concerns about that. 

Goody,

A little background......recently installed the one piece firing pin modification manuf and sold by Snake Oil George and family out of the Tulsa area.....Early indications are,  I'm going to Love function.....Snake Oil George Highly spoke very highly of Straight Trigger mod....to go with his Firing Pin Mod....

Hope that Helps

Regards

Texas Red

1 hour ago, Texas Red said:

Goody,

A little background......recently installed the one piece firing pin modification manuf and sold by Snake Oil George and family out of the Tulsa area.....Early indications are,  I'm going to Love function.....Snake Oil George Highly spoke very highly of Straight Trigger mod....to go with his Firing Pin Mod....

Hope that Helps

Regards

Texas Red

Know the family and the workmanship. No higher praise IMHO.

Really like my straight triggers in my rifles but straightened one trigger as Garrison Joe has mentioned and am very pleased with it also.  GW

never tried one - never thought to try one , i kinda like the traditional ones , 

i do have one for my kimber bench rifle , 22 cal , ive not yet decided if i like that so ill not be putting one on my cowboy guns till i get really happy with them , 

Archived