SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado Invite

Creeker, SASS #43022

It will be interesting to see what Creeker does to himself this year so he can loose gracefully to you.

Two years ago he gave himself the flu and almost collapsed on the range.

Last year he broke his finger grabbing his rifle from the prop.

He's got a few years to go before he can claim an old age excuse! :)

Not that many years.

Desert Scorpion brought in the mail the other day and therein was an offer for an AARP card. I stated that AARP sucked and I didn't know why they were sending that to me; because aarp is for old people...

Oh, crud.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that many years.

Desert Scorpion brought in the mail the other day and therein was an offer for an AARP card. I stated that AARP sucked and I didn't know why they were sending that to me; because aarp is for old people...

Oh, crud.

Jenn gets those to, so atleast your in good company 😂

Tidying up the details on the main match. I'm really starting to like the way this one looks. I hope everyone enjoys the experience this year.

One of those details is that the youngest Duelist has to spot all the other Duelists one second per stage for each year of age difference, right? Either that or he can switch to Gunfighter. :)

One of those details is that the youngest Duelist has to spot all the other Duelists one second per stage for each year of age difference, right? Either that or he can switch to Gunfighter. :)

HEY HEY HEY, He's your competition , don't try to dump him on us just because your scared!!!

I'm to fat and old to have to compete against him!!!!

I think he needs to go over to 2 handed shooting lol

HEY HEY HEY, He's your competition , don't try to dump him on us just because your scared!!!

I'm to fat and old to have to compete against him!!!!

I think he needs to go over to 2 handed shooting lol

Dang right I'm scared. A man can be beat that bad for only so long. I'm like a whipped puppy at this point. A very big but very cute whipped puppy.

Dang right I'm scared. A man can be beat that bad for only so long. I'm like a whipped puppy at this point. A very big but very cute whipped puppy.

So why don't YOU come over to gunfighter? With a little work, you'd be good at it?

So why don't YOU come over to gunfighter? With a little work, you'd be good at it?

Have you ever seen him move??????

Have you ever seen him CRASH and BURN?????

You're kidding, right? :huh:

Besides, rumor has it the kid's going to switch to gunfighter to compete for an overall title. :P

When does this match normally fill up? I really want to make it, but won't know about my schedule for several more weeks. I've never shot in Nevada or Utah and want to make both a priority this year and next. Just curious about the shooter cutoff and how much time I might have to get a final decision.

When does this match normally fill up? I really want to make it, but won't know about my schedule for several more weeks. I've never shot in Nevada or Utah and want to make both a priority this year and next. Just curious about the shooter cutoff and how much time I might have to get a final decision.

Eldorado has plenty of room. We have never turned away a shooter and never will. Until the rounds start going downrange (and perhaps shortly thereafter), everyone is welcome to join us.

Eldorado has plenty of room. We have never turned away a shooter and never will. Until the rounds start going downrange (and perhaps shortly thereafter), everyone is welcome to join us.

See that guy up there named Gawd Awful?

Just throwing out something to consider. :P

See that guy up there named Gawd Awful?

Just throwing out something to consider. :P

The fact that they let you and me come play proves they don't turn away anybody doesn't it???

One or the other would be bad enough but they let us BOTH in. You think Creeker's a mad genius or just mad?

That could go either way, can I get back to you on that?

• 2 weeks later...

Stages are written - may need a revision or two, but I'm pretty happy with them.

No stage with less than 3 positions - one with 5.

Swinging doors to run thru - Bars to shoot thru - Card tables to flip over - Bartenders to push over and a dummy to stab (not Creeker)

No stage with less than 4 shotgun - Four stages with 6

Multi position shotgun target placement (one stage with three different SG positions) - Even split shotgun on one stage

Clay pigeons to shoot with rifle and pistol

Knockdown plate rack with rifle

No repeated shooting sequences

single taps - double taps - triple taps - Nevada Sweep - Charming Sweep - Creeker Sweep - Rattler John Sweep - Buffalo Sam Sweep - Dumps

Varied gun orders and starting firearm

Vertical staging; but for rifle only - no vertical for shotgun

A significant % of the stages have some form of shooters option in them - either starting position or gun order.

7 stages include some component of downrange movement - 5 are firing line lateral

Minimally 50% of the stages will start with some form of prop manipulation or movement before shooting

No tedium of starting every stage with same gun or same position.

On one stage; one of your pistols will even start staged in the bad guys holster

Minimal facades this year to allow for better spectator viewing, video taking and spotter participation.

No cones - No lines - No foot faults - Eldorado "Shoot it when you see it" directions.

Markers in place simply to give shooters a reference to direct rounds by

(i.e. pistol rounds must pass by left side of marker - SG rounds must pass by right side)

If you are being directed to move somewhere - you will fully understand where and why.

Eldorado was awarded the 2016 Wooly Award for Match of the Year.

We challenge you to come see how we do it better this year.

Howdy Creeker: We're sure hoping to see you all this year and working on bringing some folks with us.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

Howdy Creeker: We're sure hoping to see you all this year and working on bringing some folks with us.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

You know we always look forward to having you play with us. And bringing more folks with you? The more the merrier. See you there.

Sounds like it will be a blast, looking foward to it Creeker!

Let me know if you need me to be a PM.

TB

Sounds like it will be a blast, looking foward to it Creeker!

Let me know if you need me to be a PM.

TB

Creeker,

T.B. Makes a great posse marshal, I use him all the time at ACSA.

G.A.

Creeker,

T.B. Makes a great posse marshal, I use him all the time at ACSA.

G.A.

Are you under the impression that your endorsement is a positive thing? 😁 I will forward TBs interest to Charming and JD as they set the posses and marshals. Thanks

Sooooooooooo, will that be on the clock or off?

Staging is off the clock...

Retrieving and using it is something altogether different.

Stab the bad guy and then take his pistol to take out his buddies.

Staging is off the clock...

Retrieving and using it is something altogether different.

Stab the bad guy and then take his pistol to take out his buddies.

Such violence..... Tsk...Tsk.....Tsk....

:)

Well, I just mailed my application.

This shoot is so great I also added a Stage Sponsorship for Palo Verde Gunworks -- and I am proud to do so :) I encourage others to do likewise (JM? are you there? :) )

I'm looking forward to another great shoot at Eldorado but, unfortunately, the Blue Ridge Rascal will also be there :( -- even staying in same RV park :blink: If only our wives didn't have so much fun together ... And I would smoke him on every stage by 4 seconds (if he weren't so good :( ) Seems like this guy shows up every place I go! :lol:

Well, I just mailed my application.

This shoot is so great I also added a Stage Sponsorship for Palo Verde Gunworks -- and I am proud to do so :) I encourage others to do likewise (JM? are you there? :) )

I'm looking forward to another great shoot at Eldorado but, unfortunately, the Blue Ridge Rascal will also be there :( -- even staying in same RV park :blink: If only our wives didn't have so much fun together ... And I would smoke him on every stage by 4 seconds (if he weren't so good :( ) Seems like this guy shows up every place I go! :lol:

Just so everyone knows....

There is plenty of room for your RV on the range.

There are no hookups but services are only a few miles away.

Looks like my loaning Stabby to Eldorado Cowboys for Damsite has resulted in a kidnapping!

Stabbynapping!!!

Nels, I actually asked Stabby Joe if he wanted to play with all the nice folks at the state championships or go back in the conex box out in red rock. Who am I to deny the poor guy his hearts desire?

Stabbynapping!!!

Nels, I actually asked Stabby Joe if he wanted to play with all the nice folks at the state championships or go back in the conex box out in red rock. Who am I to deny the poor guy his hearts desire?

I think this whole conversation is sexist!

Why don't we have a Stabby Jane?

Or.......... Something else?

I think this whole conversation is sexist!

Why don't we have a Stabby Jane?

Or.......... Something else?

Fine... Wouldn't want to run afoul of the "Use whatever bathroom you feel is appropriate to your mood today" laws.

So we will use "Stabby Joe Jane Jo John" the politically correct, indiscriminate, non gender defined, Styrofoam bodied citizen of planet Earth. And we will acknowledge and celebrate Stabbys heritage, openminded diversity and contribution to society.

After all that...

We will look lovingly upon Stabby and all of the same ilk. Stick a knife in their back and steal their gun.

Archived