SASS Wire Forum

Rifle & Shotgun Sleeves

Max Payne

Okay, the wife & I are going to EOT, & we've been advised to get some covers for our long guns for obvious reasons.

Doing some searches on these forums & on the internet didn't turn up a lot.

I don't feel compelled to spend a lot for leather. Cloth should be fine. But, if some leather ones light me up, I might spring for the money. I saw the ones from Midway with the fringe. I'd prefer the sleeves not be too long, as they'll be on the guns in the cart when in use. We shoot (2) 18" 73's & (2) SKB's with 22" barrels.

Thanks in advance.

thanks, Curly!

Gun sleeves on the cheap: Take an old pair of pants or sweats cut the legs off leaving them as long as possible. Turn the legs inside out, sew the cut end shut and turn back right side out.

Bingo you have two gun sleeves for next to nothing.

Hope this helps,

Smoke

If you get there w/o any, The SASS store there should have the brown canvas 9 dollar ones on hand

Yup. I did that and they were worth every penny.

Thanks, guys. I ordered the Redwing ones from Evil Roy's website. Waterproof, & the action can stay open on the cart.

Max I'll look in my bag and see if any are left from where I was selling them a few years back. If you want give you a deal on them if I got any.

Over the years my wife and I accumulated several pair of waterproof canvas folding chairs and each chair came in its own waterproof drawstring bag. And, over the years the chairs became delapidated, ripped or just disappeared. We always had the drawstring bags left over and I've been known to use these bags as rain/dust covers for the shotgun and rifle in the cart. The drawstring is real handy, too.

Archived