SASS Wire Forum

The Duel A New Western

Yul Lose

Liam Hemsworth and Woody Harrelson are the stars. Liam is a Texas ranger and Woody is a preacher gone bad. The trailer looks pretty good, not your typical western but not a Hateful Eight either.

At least they're making westerns again, good or bad it's a start.

I agree. I've watched just about all of the newer ones that have come out the last few years. Some good, some ok, some I could have gone without. I think part of what's helping the genre are some of the western tv shows that seem to be doing alright like hell on wheels and deadwood.

I can't stand Woody Harrelson's poltical rants, :angry: but it is a western so I guess I'll see it!

I can't stand Woody Harrelson's poltical rants, :angry: but it is a western so I guess I'll see it!

Yep, if we let someone's politics limit what we watch we would pretty much leave the television turned off and forget about seeing a movie.

Cant we have westerns with cowboys and cattle??? Does everything have to be deep and crazy? Heck any trail drive or cattle ranch in the late 1800's would be exciting enough for me.

just my humble(?) opinion.

Maybe the Hollyweird folks haven't learned how to combine the two yet.

Cant we have westerns with cowboys and cattle??? Does everything have to be deep and crazy? Heck any trail drive or cattle ranch in the late 1800's would be exciting enough for me.

just my humble(?) opinion.

I agree but it's been done so many times it's played out! The future of the western is to show the other sides of the west. It wasn't all cattle drives and cowboys! As long as they keep making them I'll see 'em!! ;) I'd like to see more movies about the Texas Rangers, Arizona Rangers and more Indians!!!! I love Apaches!!!

My rule of thumb is to turn off or avoid anything Woody Harrelson is associated with. I might see this as I like seeing the new westerns that are coming out. Too bad those like him have to be in some of them.

Yep, if we let someone's politics limit what we watch we would pretty much leave the television turned off and forget about seeing a movie.

Exactly. And as usual, I don't even know the politics of the person in question until somebody here brings it up. There must be quite a few people who spend time on the internet checking up on actors' political opinions.....I couldn't care less, and anyway, why bring it up...just to make a few more folks mad, I suppose.

Exactly. And as usual, I don't even know the politics of the person in question until somebody here brings it up. There must be quite a few people who spend time on the internet checking up on actors' political opinions.....I couldn't care less, and anyway, why bring it up...just to make a few more folks mad, I suppose.

Absolutely

I want to see a western that has a little historical correctness, correct in tack, clothing, weapons and a take on the event. I want women to be tough as nails, bad guys at the end of a rope and men of honor and courage. It needs to be suitable for most all ages in the audience also. It needs Selleck, Elliot and Reba in it. Justa thought..... Am I getting old?

Archived