SASS Wire Forum

Spoons

Cat Brules

Last week we tried a new restaurant and I noticed that our waiter carried a spoon in his shirt pocket. And when the busboy brought our water and utensils, he too had a spoon in his shirt pocket. I then looked around and saw that all the staff had spoons in their pockets. When our waiter returned I inquired, 'Why the spoon?'

'Well, 'he explained, 'the restaurant's owner hired an efficiency consulting firm to review all our procedures. After two weeks of time/motion analysis, they concluded that the spoon was the most frequently dropped utensil. If our personnel were better prepared, we could reduce the number of trips back to the kitchen and save about 2 man-hours per shift.'

As luck would have it, I dropped my spoon and immediately he replaced it with his spare. 'I'll get another spoon next time I go to the kitchen - instead of making an extra trip to get it right now.' I was impressed

I also noticed there was a string hanging out of my waiter's fly. Looking around, I saw that all the waiters had strings hanging from their flies. So I asked our waiter, 'Excuse me, but why do you have a string tied right there?'

'Oh, certainly!' Then he lowered his voice. 'Not everyone is so observant! The consultants also said we could save time in the restroom. By tying a string to our you-know-what, we can pull it out without touching it and eliminate the need to wash our hands, shortening time spent in the restroom by 76.39%. I asked quietly, 'After you get it out, how do you put it back?' He replied, I use the spoon.

I'll make sure not to drop the spoon. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Things would be different if they carried a sharp knife instead of the spoon!

Kajun

Archived