SASS Wire Forum

Question for CA FFL Dealers

Hello;

I recently moved to California and would like to buy a new Colt Single Action Army revolver from one of the Online gun sites and do the paperwork at a local gun shop or FFL holder.

I don't see Colt Single Action Army's on the DROS approved roster of guns that can be imported into California.

Am I able to purchase a new Colt SAA from a dealer from out of state and import it into California as a new gun?

Thanks.

Hello;

I recently moved to California and would like to buy a new Colt Single Action Army revolver from one of the Online gun sites and do the paperwork at a local gun shop or FFL holder.

I don't see Colt Single Action Army's on the DROS approved roster of guns that can be imported into California.

Am I able to purchase a new Colt SAA from a dealer from out of state and import it into California as a new gun?

Thanks.

Single action revolvers are exempt from the list.

Those dealers who seem "confused" don't want you to buy on line. Go to a shop and look through the display cases until you find a SAA. Then tell them you found on on line and need to have it shipped to them. See what they say then.

Now, to give credit where credit's due...

SAA's and clones were originally not exempt, but thanks to the due diligence of SASS (which was headquartered here at the time) pressures were brought to bear in Sacramento, and for once our side prevailed.

Way to go SASS!! :lol:

Now, to give credit where credit's due...

SAA's and clones were originally not exempt, but thanks to the due diligence of SASS (which was headquartered here at the time) pressures were brought to bear in Sacramento, and for once our side prevailed.

Way to go SASS!! :lol:

I heard that before, but I have never seen or read anything that could legitimately verify it. Do you (anyone) know where I can find something that shows sass's involvement and to what extent other than word of mouth? I am not questioning it, I would just like it verified. I want the information for several reasons, first being just one more reason to be a proud sass member, and for another gun related project I am working on that show how effective a "small" organization can be in forming the laws. Thanks.

Archived