SASS Wire Forum

Prayer posse please, lost my sister

Grizzly Dave

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

We are all doing fairly well and plans for the memorial service are coming together. I will be glad when it's over though if you know what I mean.

So very sorry for you loss.

Prayers on the way.

Howdy Grizz,

Sure am sorry to learn of your little sisters passing. No doubt a great sorrow for you & family. May the good Lord bless you & family in your time of loss and sadness.

Vaya con Dios,

Keystone

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

We are all doing fairly well and plans for the memorial service are coming together. I will be glad when it's over though if you know what I mean.

I know what you are going through with that. The day before my dad's funeral my oldest brother called me and said "I didn't arrange for any clergy, but you're something aren't you? Can you do a funeral?"

I officiated my wife's grandfathers and sang on short notice.

This time I chose to take on the task to take some strain off of my brother in law and my mom. I delegated the encouragement from the Word to my brother the Rhodes scholar with a degree in theology, but am handling the organization and rest of the service. We go to the church shortly to set up the picture tables and such, and tomorrow is the service.

My sisters condition didn't allow them to have a regular place of worship, so we're having it at our church, and I'd rather have family do the service who knew her, than a pastor who may have only met her once.

Thank you again for all your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. We had a wonderful celebration of life service today with many more laughs and fond memories than tears. Just as it should be for those who have the hope of the Gospel in their hearts.

12473627_10204332124063279_4689851460194

Archived