SASS Wire Forum

Bergdahl....

I'm speechless. Well not really, but any comments I make would get me banned.

"Bergdahl hasn’t spoken publicly about his decision to walk away from his post or his subsequent five-year imprisonment by the Taliban and the prisoner swap in May 2014 that secured his return to the United States. But during the past several months, he spoke extensively with screenwriter Mark Boal, who shared about 25 hours of the recorded interviews with Sarah Koenig for her popular podcast, “Serial.”

Bergdahl says in the interviews that he walked off his base to cause a crisis that would catch the attention of military brass. He wanted to warn them about what he believed were serious problems with leadership in his unit. And he wanted to prove himself as a real-life action hero, like someone out of a movie."

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article49692015.html

My BS detector is pegging the scale on this one.

Whatever happens, if Bergdahl is tried by general court-martial, and convicted, regardless of the punishment handed down by the court, both will be reviewed by the commanding general, then by the Court of Military Appeals. If all confirm the verdict, it can still be appealed to the federal courts and even to the Supreme Court. This will take quite awhile. In the meantime, not knowing all the facts, I will withhold comment.

I can't say what I'd like to here!!

Those of you who know me are welcome to fill in the blanks!!!

Archived