SASS Wire Forum

Photo of Jesse James and Robert Ford Supposedly Authentic

Growing up in central Missouri, we have a lot of outlaw legends. I remember a summer day over 50 years ago dad had stopped to talk to the oldest person I'd ever seen. His was a shriveled up little old man who's ears were as big as my hands and had big tuffs of white hair growing out of them. He had stopped to give his 32 year old horse and 33 year old mule a rest. He was driving a farm wagon with a plow hooked on behind. He was going over to his older brother's farm next to his to plow his garden.

Anyway, he the old man told that the valley nearby had a log cabin church and the lay preacher that preached there was known by a few to be Frank James. He, Frank James, worked at the grain elevator in the little hamlet nearby. This old man wouldn't have been born in that era but maybe one generation after. I later heard another account of Frank James being in the area with similar details from another old timer. The county historical society has supporting evidence but nothing absolute.

Our county was a known safe haven for post "War of Yankee aggression" Confederate "irregulars". The brother of Bill Anderson had a farm on the eastern side of the county, for example. Some incidents happened that the occupational government tried to use to delay readmission into the union.

I agree with Abline Slim, I don't see the resemblance between the profile and the questioned picture.

With the myth and hearsay about Jesse James and Frank, it could be just about anyone.

Early form of misplaced idol worship.

Could be.But I can't help wondering, is 65 her age or her bust measurement? :)

I'm betting the latter.

Archived